Chapter 48

Perfect Strangers, Grace
Grundy (Cover)

Quote;

The things we say out of anger,
Affects those for most of their life.

Chapter 48.
    Isaac's POV.

"You should lay off."

"Pass." I reply, blowing out smoke.

Snatching the blunt from me, Trevor rolls down his window, tossing it out. I scowl at him, my shoulders tense as I turn to gaze out the window. The cool wind nips at my nose and cheeks, making me feel a lot colder than I originally was.

As Trevor speeds up the breeze fills the car and I glimpse in the rear view mirror to see two squad cars chasing after us. Trevor passes another stop sign and smoothly swerves out of the way of an SUV headed in our direction. So much for staying out of trouble.

"Can I have a smoke now?" I ask sourly, leaning back in the seat.

He glances over in my direction with a sigh, "Thought you wanted to quick man."

Pulling out a pack of cigarettes out, taking one out, I light it. "I need one."

"Isaac-"

"Look out!"

He makes a sharp turn and my head jerks in his direction, checking the rear view mirror, frustration rises inside of me at the sight of more cop cars. I'm starting to think he probably shouldn't have run all those stops sign and red lights. Another cop car appears on our right and Trevor makes another sharp turn. Speeding off down the road the both of us laugh as the police cars continue to chase after us.

Glimpsing in the rear view mirror, I relax at the sight of no more cars. Turning on another street, Trevor parks near a liquor store and the two of us share a cigarette. Before either of us can do anything else, squad cars pull in behind us. Just great.

Noelle's POV

Noelle's POV.

"What is wrong with you two?" I bark, glaring between the two of them. "Do you know how much damage you could've caused to someone, or yourselves?"

Trevor rolls his eyes, "Ain't nobody get hurt, all we did was make 'em run for a bit. We barely did anything."

"You call that barely doing anything?!"

Trevor stands up, "Look, I ain't listenin' to some damn lecture. I'm gonna get some Chinese." Clapping Isaac on the back, he grins. "I'll bring you some back."

Walking out of the living room I hear the door open and close, turning back to Isaac he stands up. "Instead of thinking about me why didn't you just enjoy your date?" He asks, sounding slightly brittle.

I ball my fists, "First of all, it wasn't a date, just the two of us going out and having fun."

"Fun, yeah okay." He retorts, sarcastically.

"You don't believe me, do you? You're turning all of this onto me, and all for what, because it's easier?!" I shove him away from me, a lump forming in my throat. "If you don't trust me, then screw you Isaac! I've been trying to help you, but all I get in return is an attitude, and mixed signals!"

Isaac balls his fists, "How, how the hell have I been giving you mixed signals?!"

"Oh, I don't know," I reply, tapping my chin in an antagonizing manner. "How about when you kissed me and then told me it meant nothing!"

"You know very well it did!"

"Do I?" I croak, "Do I really because all I seem to get in the process of figuring things out is hurt!"

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I fold my arms across my chest. "I'm so tired of this, I should've listened to you when you first told me to stay out of your life!" My jaw clenches as tears begin to stream down my face, "I wish I never fell for you." Forcing myself to, I meet his gaze, Isaac's eyes painfully still. "I wish I never met you."

I don't mean that.. I don't mean any of this. But I'm sick of all of the fighting. Something needs to change.

"You don't mean that." He whispers, his voice quivering slightly. "Y-you don't."

"I'm sorry, Isaac. I just can't do this with you and-"

Grabbing my wrist, he pulls me into a tight embrace before I can even finish, "Noelle, more than anything I need you." I let out a shaky breath as he buries his face in the crook of my neck, "Please." Isaac whispers, "Don't slip away from me just yet, all the good things seem to leave."

I know that better than anyone.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think of what Noelle said to Isaac?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤