Chapter 33

Vote, comment, and follow me! Final chapter!!

A song to listen to so you can get into your emotions:
The Way-Zack Hemsey

Remember, this isn't over.

I drop my hands and stumble back into Aiden's arms. Nadir's body drops to the ground, instantly making Nora and Nathaniel rush to his side.

"Aunna?" Aiden spins me around and cups my cheeks. "What just happened?"

Kill them all.

"No, Aiden." I push at his chest. "You need to go."

"Aunna." He shakes his head.

Before I could argue, Aiden and I are pushed onto the ground by a giant impact of air. We go sliding towards the pack, but something stops me from going any further.

Aiden stops sliding and tries his best to stand up. I look across the lake towards him and as he's about to make his way back to me, the ice begins to crack between us.

"No!" I scream as the ice cracks and a giant chunk of the ice sinks into the water, making it impossible for Aiden to reach me unless he decided to swim through the freezing cold water.

I turn back around to find my father hovering over me. "You're a monster." I hiss at him. "You lied about everything. To me. To them." I nod towards Nora and Nathaniel who only stand a few feet away. "You lied about everything."

"What is she talking about?" Nora asks.

"She's only talking nonsense. She isn't in her right mind." My father grabs me by my arm and pulls me up.

"You say that you want the four of us together so that we can be a family again. You lie. You only want us together so that you can kill us and take our magic."

Nathaniel narrows his eyes at me. "You are the one who lies."

"Am I? Why would I lie to you?"

"To save your precious mate."

"I will do anything to protect my mate. You did the same thing. You protected her at all costs but then you couldn't because our father killed her."

"Well, to be fair, I killed her." Nora inserts. I shake my head at her.

"Your beloved is dead because of our father's selfishness." I spit at Nadir's face. He throws me back onto the ground, causing my head to bounce against the ice. "He is going to sacrifice each of us and take our magic as his own. It was the only purpose of us being born. I've been through his mind. I read his thoughts. I lived his memories."

"Silence." My father shouts.

"Tell them!" I shout back. "Tell them how they weren't ever meant to be born! How I was never meant to be born!"

"You were a mistake!" He screams in my face. "An infant who wasn't supposed to live! A life without purpose! I made you who you are."

"You both made me what I am." I growl. "You made all of us into monsters. Naomi was the only one of us that was supposed to live. She was the firstborn, she is the one who holds the entirety of our magic. That is why you want to find her so badly. Because without her you cannot complete the ritual."

"What she says is true?" Nora asks our father. Nadir looks at her and narrows his eyes.

"You will not believe what she says." He orders.

"What I say is the truth. That is why you're telling them to believe otherwise. You do this all so that you can have the power to yourself?"

"No." He barks at me. "I am not the selfish bastard you think I am. I'm doing this all for your mother. To give her the magic. This is what she wants. And this is what she will receive." He confesses.