Chapter 30

I feel something move from behind me, causing me to open my eyes. I roll over slowly and I'm met with a knocked out Aiden. His eyes are closed and his lips are slightly parted. I cup is stubbly cheek and rub my thumb over his bottom lip. His brows furrow slightly but he stays asleep.

Today is the day Aiden, Noah, Sarah, Nick and I have been dreading. Aiden the most. It's Friday. The day Aiden hands me over to my father.

Over the past week I've been getting worse. The magic is like a poison, seeping into my veins. Slowly killing me. Everything hurts. It hurts to move, it hurts to breathe. I can barely walk on my own, let alone stand.

There's been multiple snowstorms, thanks to me. All the kids are having fun playing in it but everyone else hates the cold, since they're used to the heat.

The alarm clock on Aiden's bedside table goes off, causing his eyes to flash open. He leans up instantly and turns off the clock. He lays back down and examines the sad look on my face.

Every morning for the past week, Aiden's been getting up early so that he could prepare the pack warriors for the trade. Well, it isn't really a trade. It's a.. giveaway.

He cups my cheek and rubs his thumb under my eye. He kisses my forehead before crawling out of bed and walking over to his closet. I watch quietly as he changes into a thick black long sleeve and black pants.

He looks over at me while lacing up his boots. He gives me a small smile but it doesn't reach his eyes. I return it with my own and try to lean up. When it doesn't work, I go crashing back against the pillows with a small whine.

He jerks up and cups the back of my head. I look up at him with a small smile. His jaw clenches but he still kisses me. I kiss him back, but he pulls away too quickly. "It will only be a few hours." He tells me.

I roll my eyes but nod my head. "Right."

He furrows his brows before leaning down and kissing me again. This time more passionately. I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him closer to me, but he doesn't move so I end up pulling myself closer to him.

Again, he pulls away too quickly. He leans his forehead against mine while closing his eyes. "It won't take that long." He promises. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Okay." I whisper.

He stands up and quietly leaves the room. Moments later there's a knock on the door. "Aiden?" I call. "Did you forget something?"

The door opens and Sara peeks her head in. She smiles shyly before stepping in entirely.

"Hi." I say quietly. She walks over to the bed and sits down next to me.

"Hi." She says back in a soft yet rough voice. I furrow my brows as I examine her look.

She's wearing grey sweatpants and a pink tank top. Her hair is curly and un-brushed and she has large dark circles under her eyes.

"Sara, are you okay?" I ask.

"Of course. I'm great. I mean other than the fact that this is the last day I get to spend with you. The last day that I'll ever see you again."

"Sara." I frown.

"Sorry." She rubs her hands over her face. "Today should be all happy and fun!"

"Fun?" I raise a a brow.

"Yeah. Aiden is out with the pack so we can just have a girls day." She states as she lays down next to me.

"What do we do on girls days?" I ask her.