Chapter 3

We come to another stop and I lean my head up as I hear doors open. "Get them out of the car." Someone demanded and I felt Cora tense.

"The sun." Another husky voice states. "It burns them."

"Get something to wrap around them then." The voice from before says with a quiet voice. I squint my eyes shut when the small space is lit up again and let out a soft whimper when the light touches my skin. But is immediately gone. I roll over slowly to see a tall dark haired stranger wrapping the black blanket around me.

"No." I shout and his eyes meet mine. "Wrap her up." I pull Cora over me and towards the stranger. "Don't let her burn." I speak. Cora looks back at me as her eyes begin to water. The stranger nods his head before wrapping Cora up. She lets out a small cry before he covers her face, but not in a suffocating way. "Don't hurt her."

He nods his head again before shutting the metal door, leaving me alone in the small darkness. I curl up into a tight ball as I run my hand over the new burns on my back. A few tears fall from my eyes, but I immediately wipe them away when I hear footsteps.

The metal door opens again, but I never saw any light since the new stranger covered me in another blanket. He/she wraps it around me then tucks their hands under my body. They pull me close to their chest and I realize it is a man. Unless this woman is bare chested.

I hear the metal door shut as the man starts walking up a few steps. I let out a small cry when his hand slightly touches my burn, but he doesn't seem to notice. I'm kept in the blanket even after I hear a loud slam of a door and continued to be carried.

"Where are you taking me?" I mumble through the blanket but this time he heard me.

"Where we take all rogues." He states.

"Rogues?" I ask as my brows furrow. "What is a rogue?" I am met with light as the cover is peeled from my face. I finally place a face to the voice I heard. The man had light blonde hair, stubble, and dark brown eyes. He stared at me for a moment before recovering my face causing me to groan.

"I'm not going to fall for your tricks." He says as if he's fighting with himself. "I'm not that dumb."

I grab onto his shirt when I feel him walk down some stairs while trying not to whimper. "Where is Cora?" I growl.

"Cora?" He asks.

"The little girl! Where is she?"

My question is never answered. He lets out a long sigh before uncovering my face and standing me up. I look around to see I'm IN ANOTHER GODDAMN CELL! I furrow my brows at him and groan in pain as he wraps silver chains around my wrists. He then pushes me towards a wall and ties the chains to a bar.

"Where is Cora?" I ask again but my question is answered when I see the brunette man bringing Cora in, who already has chains around her wrists.

"Aunna!" She yells for me. I try to move over to her, but the blonde keeps me in place. He pushes me to the ground as the other man chains Cora up to the wall across from me. She then sits down against the wall and scoots towards the corner. I furrow my brows at her then realize there is a small window above my head that is letting in the sunlight.

I push my back against the wall as I notice that the light is right above me. I then look up to the blonde to see him leaving with brunette. "Where are we?" I shout and they both turn to me.

"Broken Creek territory." He announces, as if I am supposed to understand what that means.

"And what is that?" I furrow my brows.

They both share a confused look before looking between Cora and I. "The people you were traveling with, do you know what they were?" He ignores my question.