Chapter 27

Don't forget to vote and comment!! I love you guys!

I shift my head to the other wall, turning my entire body towards me bed. I wrap my arms tighter around my knees after pulling my hood over my head.

It's been two weeks since Cora...

I've spent my time grieving in my room, alone. Everyone has tried to comfort me but after her funeral I want to be alone.

Aiden's been in and out, trying to get me to eat and sleep. But every time I close my eyes all I see is my father ripping her heart out.

Every time someone comes into my room unexpected, my magic will act on its own. Sara entered a few days ago and I almost impaled her with an ice spear. Ever since then I've had more door locked.

"Aunna." Aiden calls from outside my door, making me scoot further into the corner. "Aunna, open the door." He says softly.

I shove my face into my elbow as more tears fall from my eyes.

"Aunna, I will break this door down." He states and I rise quickly. He's not kidding.

I shuffle over to the door and place my hand on the door knob. "I'm going to hurt you." I say.

"Open the door."

I open the door slowly and try my hardest to hold myself together when I take in my mate's appearance. His eyes are dark and tired, there are thick, dark bags under them. He has a light stubble over his jaw and chin. His hair is messy, as if he's been rolling around in bed without any sleep. His clothes are ragged, but somehow he still looks perfect.

He looks me up and down multiple times before a small smile plays on his lips, but doesn't reach his eyes.

"Hi." I whisper. No matter how much I want to push him away from me, to slam the door in his face, I can't. All I can do is hug him and cry and hopefully he doesn't judge me.

"Hi." He says back as he closes the space between us to pull me into a bear hug. I wrap my arms around his waist and pul him further into the room.

He nuzzles his face into my hair and inhales it.

Shit.. When was the last time I showered?

I pull away quickly and look up into his grey eyes. His cups my cheek and tilts my head up.

"You can't be alone anymore." He tells me. "You're not staying in here anymore."

"Where am I supposed to go, then?" My voice cracks.

"You will go with me. You'll stay in my room from now on." He says softly as his thumb runs over my bottom lip. I look up at him with wide eyes.

"I-"

"You're not going to argue with me. Not today." He whispers.

"Okay." I sigh in defeat as I look down. He pulls me in for another tight hug and I quickly shove my face into his neck.

"You're not alone, Aunna." He mumbles.

....

I walk out of Aiden's bathroom to find him sprawled out on his bed with his face shoved into his pillow. He seems to be fast asleep.

I walk over to his closet and pull out one of his shirts to wear. After I'm in nothing but his shirt, I crawl into bed next to him. He stirs and rolls over to face me. He smiles lazily at me and wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer.