Chapter 5

I open my eyes to the sound of mumbling and someone rolling around on the bed. I'm met with Cora's tiny hands wrapped around my arm as her feet are spread out. As I look around the room, I notice that there isn't any sunlight seeping through the drapes. I furrow my brow and slowly pull my arm out of Cora's grasp.

She moans softly and rolls over. I smile at her as she mutters something about pink and purple wolves in her sleep. I get off of the bed and walk over to the window. I pull the drape back slowly and sigh in relief when I see the moonlight.

"Aunna." Cora whispers. I snap my head towards her to see her leaning up and rubbing her eyes. I walk towards her and sit down on the bed. "I'm hungry." She mutters.

I look around the room and my eyes stop on the door. "I will find you something to eat." I whisper to her. She nods her head even though I can see she doesn't approve of the idea.

I stand up and walk towards the door. "Aunna." She calls out my name again and I turn towards her.

"What?"

"Don't draw attention." She tells me. I nod at her before opening the door and walking out.

As I shut the door, as quietly as possible, I look down both sides of the hall. Everything is quiet, so I assume everyone has gone to sleep.

I begin walking where we came from when Beta showed us to our room. I turn the corner slowly, making sure no one is in sight. I then walk down the large staircase and decide to go to my left.

I come to a large brown door and I push it open slowly. The large room is lit with moonlight from the large window hovering over the sink. There's a long line of counters with small cabinets. A large metal box sits at the end of the counters and I feel it calling out to me.

A walk over to it and pull on the large metal handle. It opens and I stare in awe at all of the foods and drinks inside. I reach inside and grab a bowl that has a red lid on top. I furrow my brows at it as I set it on the counter.

I peel the lid off and am met with a brown soup, or something. I sniff it a few times before putting my lips on the side of the bowl and drinking the soup. I gag quietly and place the bowl back on the cabinet and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

As I'm putting the bowl back into the metal box, the scent of chicken fills my nostrils. I inhale deeply before turning to my left and nearly jumping ten feet away.

"What're you doing?" Alpha Aiden growls at me with narrowed eyes.

"I-I-" My eyes widen as I notice his appearance. He's not wearing a shirt.

Just pants. That look very comfortable.

"Food." I avert my eyes from his chest.

"Were you just drinking beans?" He asks.

"Uh..." I look back at the bowl. "Soup?"

He furrows his brows at me before walking towards the metal box. He grabs the bowl and puts it on the counter. "You drank that?"

"Yes." I nod my head.

"Those are beans. Not soup." He points to them. "And you don't drink them. You eat them with a spoon."

"Spoon?" I furrow my brows. He narrows his eyes at me before looking back at the metal box.

"Did you hit your head on something?" He asks in a serious tone.

"No." I shake my head. "I've been-"

"Where's the little girl?" He interrupts me.

"Cora? She... She's sleeping." I say quietly.