Chapter 8

It's been five whole days since Alpha Aiden left the pack house with Jet and other members to find the ingredients to make the cure for Cora and I. I never got to Alpha Aiden before he left, and I am completely regretting it. Cora has been putting guilty thoughts into my head for not saying goodbye to him before he left.

She's been telling me that he wasn't forced to go but he did anyways. Because he "loves me" because "I'm his mate". I constantly tell her to stop saying that he and I are mates but she won't let it go. She told me that once he gets back she is going to ask him what I smell like. I smacked her in the back of the head for that.

Today Cora and I decided that we'd eat lunch with Sara in the living room. Ever since Sara and Nick ate with us we've been eating meals with them since.

Speaking of Nick, he told me that he saw Alpha Aiden the morning he left. He told me that he should be back in a couple days, and it's felt like years. I haven't smelt chicken in five whole days, I don't know how I survived without the smell for nineteen years.

I roll over on my back, trying to get some sleep, but can't with Cora rolling around on the bed like she's a pig in the mud. I keep pushing her away from me, but she always seems to find me.

It's late, a little after midnight. And I can't get some sleep! I finally decide to get up and walk over to the window. I move the drapes and stand in front of them to prevent them from closing. Our window gives a perfect view of the front yard and the gravel road leading north.

My breath hitches when I see a pair of lights moving towards the house in the darkness. I notice the dark car stop in front of the house and the lights turn off. I press my face against the window as I look down at the car when the doors open.

A smile takes over my face when I see Jet step out of the passenger side of the car. He's holding a large crate in his hands, which is taking out of his hands by another member, that I notice is Blonde. Jet gives him a small smile and a nod.

Brunette steps out of the car and looks around before walking towards the porch. Jet and Blonde follow him, but my eyes stay on the car. The drivers door opens and I can't help the smile that takes place on my lips when Alpha Aiden steps out. He's wearing a t-shirt, that shows his muscles, and black jeans.

He looks around, before looking up at me. My eyes widen and I jump away from the window, letting the drapes fall over the window. I then run back to the bed and crawl under the covers.

Cora stirs next to me and rolls over to face me. "Aunna?"

"Go back to sleep." I mumble before pulling the covers over my face.

"Mmm." She mutters before stretching her arms into the air. "But I'm not sleepy anymore." She whines.

"Then pretend to be asleep." I hiss. She furrows her brows at me and pulls the cover off of my head.

"Why? What did you do?" She narrows her eyes.

"Nothing." I defend. Her eyes turn into slits as she stares at me. "I didn't do anything!"

"What. Did. You. Do?"

"Alpha's home." I shrug, not knowing what else to say. Her eyes widen as her jaw drops.

"He's home?" She asks excitedly. I nod slowly, completely regretting it, and she jumps off of the bed and sprints towards the door.

Shit!

She swings the door open and runs down the hall. "Cora!" I lean up and throw the covers off of me. "Cora, come back!"

I run out of the room and down the hall to see Cora running down the stairs to an open door. My eyes widen when I see Alpha Aiden walk through it and smiles at Cora.