Chapter 6

At the top of the stairs Alpha Aiden finally puts me down, but keeps his arm around my waist. I point towards my room and he nods his head, pulling me towards it. He opens the door and I'm hit with Cora's scent.

She's lying in bed, under the covers, and snoring softly. I smile at the sight and look up at Alpha Aiden. "We can't wake her." I state.

He snaps his head towards me and looks at me as if I grew another head. "Like hell we can't." He unwraps his arm from around me and walks towards the bed.

"Alpha." I whisper loudly. He turns back to me and furrows his brows. "Don't wake her."

"Aunna, I need to take the two of you to-"

"When she wakes up." I interrupt. He turns his full body towards me and begins to walk to me. "She isn't a good morning person when woken up. Take it from experience." I smile sheepishly.

He inhales deeply before nodding his head and pushing me towards the bed. "You sleep too. You mustn't have slept well on the ground." I stop and turn towards him.

"I'm fine." I tell him.

"Aunna, do you ever listen to what you're told?" He raises an amused brow.

"Yes."

"Then go to sleep." He gives me another push. I give in and lay down next to Cora. "Do you..." He starts and I turn on my side to face him.

"Do I what?"

"Do you want a separate room from Cora? Because I could arrange a room for Cora that would suit her more." He states and I immediately lean up.

"Suit her more?"

"Yeah. A bed that fits her, toys, everything pink." He lets out a soft chuckle. I turn away from him and look down at Cora.

"Will her room be close to this one?" I look back at him. He nods his head. "How long will it take?"

"A few days. I could take Cora to the city-"

"The city?" Neither of us have ever been to the city and he must think I'm stupid if he's going to take her away from me.

"Yeah. Of course you'd come too. Pick out things you want." He assures me. "She would too."

"I like that." I nod my head after a minute. "Thank you." I say quietly. He looks at me through his lashes and gives a small nod.

He then stands up and shoves his hands into his pockets. "After a few hours, I'll come get you and Cora. Then we'll go to the pack doctors and cure you both." He states. I nod my head again before laying it against a pillow. As soon as my head hits the pillow, Cora's arm wraps around my waist and her leg between both of mine.

I give him a pointed look as if to say get-the-room-as-soon-as-possible. He gives me a small smile before walking to the door. I close my eyes and wait till his scent leaves the room.

As the door closes, his scent still lingers in the room. I smile to myself as I snuggle deeper into the pillow.

  .....

"Aunna."

"Aunna."

"Aunna."

I scrunch up my nose as something runs across it. I mutter something incoherent.

"Aunna. Wake up."

I blink a few times before rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands. Cora comes into sight and I groan loudly. She's sitting on my chest with her legs on either side of me. "Cora. We've talked about this."