Chapter 31 (Final)

Stiles' POV
I pushed the door of the Jeep open and quickly stumbled towards the front, where the person I had struck was lying still on the pavement. The headlights were shining brightly behind me, making my view of their body and face much more clear.

"Scott!" I yelled back for him, "It's Liam, I hit Liam!"

Scott came rushing over to my place on the road and got down on his knees next to him, lying his ear on Liam's chest, "He's alive." Scott said.

I was relieved, and the moment I sighed Liam's body sat up with a sudden burst of energy.

All three of us screamed and fell backwards a bit, "Liam! What're you doing out here!" hollered Scott.

"I- I was looking for Ash." Liam muttered, wiping the blood from his nose and bringing himself to his feet shakily while holding a hand on his ribs.

"Wh-" I began to speak but was cut off by a loud and high pitched scream.

"That's her!" Liam shouted and began to run unsteadily, he was limping and groaning in pain with every step he took. But he powered through.

Scott and I dashed to the Jeep and sped off towards the scream, going at least 20 over the speed limit.

Ashley's POV
I'd never run so fast in my life.

After I escaped over the fence, I booked it for the High School; pushing the side door open and taking as many confusing and untraceable turns as I could.
I ended up in a random classroom at the last possible second before I heard the outside doors get pushed open, and a loud crack of thunder sounded off.

"Aaaaaashleeeeeey, come on out and FIGHT FOR ONCE!"

I've been fighting since the minute you laid hands on me.

"I guess I'm just going to have to take someone else instead, since you're too much of a coward to come out and finish this."

I'm not a killer.

"How about Stiles, he seems pretty vital to the pack."

Touch him and I'll show you a killer.

"Or maybe Scott, yeah I bet that'd really tear you all to pieces."

Take the leader and you have no pack.

"Nah, I think I'll just have to kill Liam instead,"

No.

"God how I'd love to feel his bones crush under my fist, and the sound of that weak, pathetic howl while he chokes ON HIS OWN BLOOD!"

The minute he started threatening them I was trying to piece together a plan on how to fight back. I needed to end this before he killed someone... even if it meant he'd kill me. Theo's loud voice muffled into a vicious roar at his final threat, and I could hear his footsteps pounding through the hall I was hidden in.

He brought his fist down on the lockers, "COME ON!" his yell drifted into a dark howl.

I emerged from the classroom and saw Theo standing at the end of the hallway, I snarled at him and stood in a threatening stance. We stood ready to fight at any sudden move for what felt like forever, until Theo growled and we both took off toward each other at lightening speed. We were 20 feet apart when a familiar howl practically shook the whole school.

I knew that howl... it was Liam.

When the locks on the lockers stopped trembling I took one glimpse at Theo and saw him standing still; so I ran. I sped off towards the howl because I needed to tell Liam to get out of this building. I knew if I didn't get there soon enough that Theo would catch up to me and Liam would try to protect me... and I couldn't watch Theo kill him.