Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning when my alarm went off at 6:15.
My body was still really tired, but I knew that if I hit the snooze button even once I would not wake back up.

I threw the covers off my body and a cold chill rushed over me. When I looked in the mirror at my bed head and tired eyes, I wanted to crawl back under the blankets and sleep forever.
Then I remembered what I had heard last night.
Liam is asking me out today!

That thought immediately woke me up, and I ran into my bathroom to brush my teeth.
When I got back in my room I started taking my PJs off to get dressed in my outfit for school.

A pair of high waisted jean shorts, a dark floral top, and black heeled boots. I left my dark brunette hair down, slightly wavy, almost like my mom's just hers was more curly.
I put on some light concealer, mascara, some eye liner and a tiny pinch of light pink eye shadow.

I grabbed my backpack off the floor and ran down the stairs.

Scott was sat at the table eating a bowl of cereal.

"Morning." I said to Scott, setting my backpack on the chair and opening the fridge.

"Morning sis, you want a ride to school?" He asked me

I pulled a small bottle of orange juice out of the fridge and then pushed it shut, "No I think I'll wait for Stiles. No offense but I prefer the jeep over your motorcycle when my hair's down." I said sarcastically.

He snickered, "I get it, you take Stiles."

I heard two loud honks come from our front yard.

"Stiles is here." I put the orange juice in the side pocket of my backpack.

"Okay, see you later." He kissed my forehead and I left out the door.

I was walking down the driveway and I saw Malia in the passenger seat.

I waved at her and climbed into the back, sipping at my juice along the way.

~

When we got to school I climbed over Stiles' seat to get out of the jeep, and slammed the door behind me.
We all started walking into the school, and I was keeping a look out for Liam. I knew he was going to be with Mason, so I was kind of searching for them both.

When I finally found Mason I sprinted up to him, he had his face buried in a mythology book.

"Hey Mason!" I started walking with him towards his locker.

"Hey Ashley." He said, not taking his eyes off the book in his hands.

"Uh, whatcha reading?" I asked him

He looked up for a brief second and showed me the page he was on. A sketch of a berserker was drawn on the left, a cursive written passage on the right.

"I was attacked by one of these things last night, so I've been doing a ton of research on what the hell it could be." He said, pulling the book back to his field of view.

"Do you have any idea what a ber-serk-er could be?" He asked, sounding out the word.

"Uh, nope. Never heard of it." I stuttered in the beginning.

He looked up from the book and gave me a suspicious look.
I bit my lip and peered over his shoulder, where I saw Liam come around the corner.

"Uhh, oh look it's Liam, gotta go, see you in History!" I said quickly before walking towards Liam.
He looked like he was trying to find me. When he came around the corner his eyes landed on me and he picked up his walking speed.

"Hey Liam!" I said cheerfully

"Hi Ash." He sounded nervous. 

"Liam what's wrong?"

"Umm, nothing, just sore from last night ."

"Aw, so am I to be honest."

"Hey would you maybe wanna go down to the lacrosse field with me?"
I was listening to his heart beat and it was racing.

"Alright?" I said, questioningly.

We turned and made our way down the pavement walkway, not saying a word the entire way there- which was very unlike us.
He must be really nervous about this.

I turned the corner and saw Scott and Stiles holding a poster board with a cheesy pick up line written in colorful sharpie.

'My love for you glows brighter than my eyes'

I smiled and turned around to Liam with his arms wide open. I ran over to him and gave him a tight hug.
He let me go and pulled a long mint colored box from his backpack.

"Ashley Marie McCall," both of us were looking down at the box, and we were close enough that the top of his head was inches from mine, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

He opened the box and revealed a silver heart key necklace.
It was a locket.
The jewelry was gorgeous, with one single diamond in the corner of the heart.

"Oh my goodness," I was in aw of the beautiful necklace, "yes. Absolutely!" I hugged him again.
He hugged me back and then I turned around, pulling my hair up off my neck. He took the necklace out of the box, and hooked it around me.

I let my hair go and turned facing him. There was a smile over both our faces.
Next thing I knew Stiles and Scott were pulling us into a huge group hug with Kira, Maila and Lydia.
Liam and I squished in the middle.

I was laughing at how ridiculous we all were, then I felt a strong hand intertwine our fingers together.
I did my best to look up at Liam, where he smiled and kissed the top of my head.