Chapter 28 (Part 1)

Scott and I ditched the next day of school. I woke up to the fragrance of sweet fruits and the sizzle of cooking meat. Pulling myself from my bed became a struggle when the soreness of my muscles came to my realization, and my pillowcase stuck to my cheek from dried tears. I struggled to my dresser where I threw on a pair of black Nike sweatpants and my a Beacon Hills class of 2019 t-shirt. A messy bun and fuzzy socks topped off the gloomy Friday outfit as I made my way to the staircase, practically limping.

"Hey!" Scott exclaimed lightly when our matching eyes met in the sunlight of the kitchen. "I made you breakfast!" He set a plate out in front of me as I took a seat at the table, and he scraped the sizzling smoked sausages onto my plate.

"Thanks." I barely whispered as he sat next to me and began eating.
I poked around at my breakfast and seemingly stared into another world while we sat there in silence.

"you said you loved me..." Liam's voice echoed through my thoughts once again.

"you left me..." My breathing became labored.

"we're done!" I grabbed the sides of the table and felt my claws sink into the woodwork.

"Ashley! Hey, sis, it's me. Hey, you're okay." Scott knocked his chair over getting to me, and rubbed my shoulders as he tried to sooth me.

I banged my head onto the table, breaking my plate and leaving a crack on the wood. Forming fists and whimpering at the feeling of my warm blood running down my wrists.

"Ashley, stop!" Scott grasped his hands around my arms and held them while I kept my head down, sobbing until my throat felt like it was on fire.

"ASHLEEEEYYYYY!" Scott's voice amplified into his powerful howl, and I silenced at the sound of his dominance and strength.

I continued to breath heavily, slowly lifting my head up from the table until I met the eyes of my Alpha, my brother. They illuminated yellow I knew they did, I could feel it in my skull.
Scott held onto my trembling body after he stopped the anxiety attack, and while his eyes tore into mine I broke down crying. It started with a single tear and small sob, then escalated into endless oceans of tears and sobbing that could not be controlled.

"Scott he- he's gone! Liam hates me!" I said between sobs as Scott pulled me into his arms, hugging me tight while I completely lost control of myself. He stroked my hair lightly and then lifted me off the kitchen chair, carrying me to the sofa. When he set my body down on the cushions he pressed a soft kiss to my forehead and squeezed my hand, then he pulled his phone out from his back pocket.

"Wha-" I sniffled and wiped my face, "What're you doing?" I asked Scott as he tapped at the screen.

"Getting someone that'll help you." His voice was soft and gentle, showing that in this moment I was all he cared about.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"He'll be here in 10 minutes... give or take if he follows the speed limit."