Chapter 10

3 days later

"Why are you acting so nervous?" I asked Liam while we were sat next to each other in the back of Stiles' jeep on our way to school.

"Maybe it's the full moon tonight." Stiles sarcastically added.
Liam tensed at his comment.

"Hey, I'll be right there with you the whole time." I squeezed his hand.

"That might be kinda hard." He looked down at me.

"What do you mean?"

"We have a game tonight, against Devenford Prep...Again." His eyes drifted.

"You'll be okay. Brett, Scott, and Kira will be out there with you-"

"Forgetting someone." Stiles raised a hand from the drivers seat.

"And Stiles."

"I know but what if I can't control it and I turn in front of everyon-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his, kissing him gently.

"You'll be fine, just think of me." I said sweetly, our foreheads together.

"Liam maybe you should consider finding an anchor." Scott said from the passenger seat of the jeep.

"What's an anchor?" He asked.

"Something-" Scott started, Stiles cut him off and added "Or someone."
Scott shot him a death glare and then continued with his statement, "that'll help you stay calm, and in control."

I looked over and saw Liam staring at me, when I turned to face him his head snapped the opposite direction. I giggled and kept a smile on my face the rest of the way.

~

"Okay class so today we will be continuing with our study on World War II." Mr. Yukamora explained.
I opened my book to chapter 5 and started jotting down some notes when I heard someone faintly whisper my name, but when I looked around the classroom I found no one with their focus on me. Just the tapping of pencil tips on paper.

"Ashley." The voice whispered.

I grabbed my things and shoved them into my bag, looking up to Mr. Yukamora siting behind his desk. I nodded towards the door, and he gave me the okay then I quietly escaped.

"Ashley."

I followed the voice until I got to the boys locker room.

I pushed open the door and slowly walked in.
I yelped when Scott walked out from behind a set of lockers.

"Scott what the hell! You bought scared me half to death!" I held a hand to my heart.

"Ash, it's Liam." His expression tensed.
I heard a growl and Stiles yell from around the corner where the showers were.
My feet rushed me around the corner where I found Stiles and Malia holding Liam against the wall, water raining over his head.

"Ash if you think you can solve this you better do it now!" Stiles yelled before Liam shoved him to the floor, and with both hands pushed Malia hard into the tile wall.

He turned to me and howled.

"LIAM!" I yelled in a muffled werewolf tone, my eyes were glowing yellow and my claws replaced the black nail polish.
He paused in front of me, his eyes matching mine with their yellow hue.

Liam snarled at me again and I held up the key hanging from my neck. This made him pause, and I stepped closer to open the locket. When his eyes wandered to the picture his crystal blue eyes returned, and his episode had ended.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, looking down at his feet.

"What are you apologizing to her for!" Stiles yelled from his place on the ground.

Liam barely turned his head towards him.

"What set you off in the first place?" I walked closer to him.
He pulled a folded paper from his pocket and handed it to me, it was kind of damp from the water but as I unfolded it, the red sharpie 61% in the top left corner was clearly visible.

"I failed my math exam, and it really frustrated me because I studied for days and-" I cut him off and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tight.
He hesitated a while, and just stood there letting me embrace him. Soon he loosened up and snaked his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Liam how could you have failed that test, you knew every question when we studied. Did something distract you over the weekend?" Scott butt in.

He let go of me and I shot him a look of worry.
"Don't mention a word about me spending the night!" I said as quiet as humanly possible.

"YOU SPENT THE NIGHT!" Scott's voice rose.

...I need to remember the hearing.