Chapter 17 (Part 2)

"I'm not pissed off Liam, I'm vengeful." I overheard Liam talking to that girl from History class.
I came around from my place behind the corner and found Liam holding his folded jeans to his face and bringing his head down on his locker.

I lightly chuckled, "hey?"

"Hey Ashley." He mumbled through the denim.

"Uh, who was that?"I giggled, "and what's with the shorts?" I looked down to his maroon athletic shorts.

"Okay, one; admit it you luuuve this." He danced around a bit, moving his hands up and down his body. Causing me to laugh.

He chuckled at me, "and that was Hayden, this girl I went to school with in the 6th grade."

"So what's with "I'm vengeful"?" I mocked her.

"Uhhh-" he trailed off, but was interrupted by a frustrated Stiles bombarding around the corner, holding two sheets of paper.

"Ah, you two!" He pointed at us and came closer, "Come with me, we're going on an investigation."

"Okay." I took barely even three steps forward before I caught a glimpse of one of the papers he had gripped in his hand, "Wait, Stiles?"

"What Ashley, come on you love investigations!"

"Uh huh, but this wouldn't have anything to do with Theo... would it?" I crossed my arms.

"Ummmm nooooooo..." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I can hear your heart beat dumb ass."

"Okay yes, Ash, this is about Theo. But I don't think he's the person you think he is!"

"He's my best friend! What are you saying I don't know Theo?!" Stiles' eyes drifted.

"Ashley look at these signatures," he held the two papers in front of me, "they're different! Signed by two totally different people!"

"Okay, then his dad's not his dad?"

Stiles cocked his neck, clearly I was frustrating him.

"Liam, could please just get your stubborn girlfriend over here on board so we can go!"
I chuckled, whatever he wanted to prove obviously was eating away at him.
But I can tell him one thing, I know my best friend. Even if I hadn't seen him in 8 years.

~

"This is what you wanted to prove!?" I whisper shouted to Stiles'. We currently were sitting outside Theo's bedroom window, watching him play video games... for 4 hours! The sun has gone down and the only thing we've managed to find out is that you'd win any bet against Theo in your average game of fifa.

"Shhhhhhh!" Stiles held his finger to his lips.

"Oh he has earbuds in we're fine!"

"No seriously, shhhhh, he's coming outside!"

Stiles yanked me behind a large oak tree and Liam pulled me into his warm embrace, giving me a feeling of safety that I could never replace.

"Okay, guys, enough snuggles!" Stiles' sarcasm was inevitable, "Theo just got in his car, lets go!"

"Stiles it's almost 11, just give up please." I whined, leaning my head on Liam's shoulder.

"One more trip, c'mon!"

~

"Okay Ash you wait here, Liam and I are gonna follow him out and see what he's up to."

"Why can't I go with?"

"Well he knows your scent!"

"God you're thinking waaaaay too into this." I crossed my arms.

"Dude, what if she gets hurt?" Liam eyed me leaning against the front of Stiles' Jeep.

I flicked out my claws, "I can take care of myself." Our eyes locked, and he looked away from my gaze quickly.

~

As time went on, it seemed to get darker. The night around me was engulfing my brightness, but I wasn't turning dark.
The brightness in me was my soul. Like my brother, it's pure, undamaged. If I let the darkness consume me, I will have been broken.
I lay on the hood of the Jeep, watching the sky, the stars twinkled back to me.

"You look cute when you're thinking."
I heard a voice that I would think to be Liam's, but I distinctly know it's not.

I sat up quick, my eyes glowing yellow, and saw a tall muscular figure standing only feet away.

"Theo? What are you doing here?"

"Well, see I was paying my respects to my sister, but Stiles and Liam aren't exactly the quietest bunch." His cheeky crooked grin sparkled in the dim moonlight.

"So you think I'm cute now?"

"Well anyone that doesn't is obviously blind. I mean look at you, you're gorgeous." He came closer, and slid his warm hand up my thigh.

"Yeah, I know." Now I knew this voice, it was deep, and angry.

"Liam!" I hopped off the vehicle and practically jumped to his side. He snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me closer than ever before. He was being defensive.

"Get your own." Liam snarled.

Theo held his hands up in surrender, "why do I get the feeling this guy's tougher than he looks?"

Stiles put a hand in front of Liam, who wouldn't break his death gaze on Theo, "only when we let him off his leash."

I put my hand over Liam's, "Sorry Theo, but I'm taken. And you're acting not acting like the Theo I know and love."