Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning to the sharp sound of Scott pounding on my door.
"Ash wake up! First day of school!"

That sentence immediately brought a spark to my eyes and a rush of happiness through my veins.

Back when Derek and Scott were still training me, early after my bite; Derek was always morbidly confused when it came time for school to start up again. I'm not sure why the first day of school is always one of my favorite days of the year, to me it's like a holiday.
Maybe it's seeing my friends everyday, maybe it's the drama (the fun stuff; not the stupid bitchy gossip), but this year is different because I get to see Liam 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, for the next 180 days.
It's like a dream come true!

I threw the duvet off my bare legs and changed from my running shorts to a pair of high waisted jean shorts, and a baseball style t-shirt with maroon sleeves. Adding Liam's necklace and fixing my mascara, I lightly curled my hair and ran off to the bathroom.
Scott stood by the sink, shirtless in a pair of jeans, running his fingers through his hair.

"My baby sister a sophomore," Scott walked over to give me a hug, smelling of axe, "I've never been so proud." He faked a cry.

I laughed and reached for my toothbrush, scrubbing at my pearly whites.

"Are you getting a ride from Liam and Mason?" Scott asked as he pulled on a light green flannel.

"Yep, they should be here in 20 minutes." I rinsed my mouth and put the toothbrush back in its cup.

"Stiles' is gonna be disappointed." Scott chuckled a bit, "you've never ditched us."

"My older brother and my best friend will survive one 15 minute car ride without me." I laughed, "plus you'll see me once we get there anyways."

I turned and left the bathroom, trotting down the stairs and grabbing my white converse, pulling them on over my childish purple socks.

I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and sat at the table to eat.
Mom came running down the stairs in her maroon scrubs, pulling her hair up into a ponytail as she rushed around the kitchen.

"Have a good first day sweet heart, stay out of trouble." She kissed my head.

"Scott!" She yelled up the stairs, "I'm heading out, have a good day!" She grabbed her purse and started to walk out the door.
Scott came running down the stairs right as she almost left, "wait mom!" He met her in the door way and hugged her.
Then she left for work.

I finished my breakfast and placed my bowl in the sink, grabbing my near empty book bag and throwing it over my shoulder.
*beeeeep* beeeeeeeeeeeeep*
That's my ride.

"Be safe," Scott walked over to me and kissed my forehead, "I'll see you at school."

I smiled at him and walked out the door, going down the driveway to Mason's car. I opened the car door and threw my bag onto the floor, climbing over it and sitting in the middle.
"Hey babe!" Liam leaned back to kiss me, "you look cute today!" He eyed my outfit.

"Hey thanks!" I said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"You guys are cute, makes me sick." Mason said from the drivers seat.

"Quoting The Fault In Our Stars I see." I laughed.

"Seemed appropriate." Mason returned.

~

I threw my backpack over both shoulders this time and slammed my door shut. Walking to the front of the car, I came up behind Liam and ran my fingers up his muscular back, and resting my head on his shoulder.

"No, don't stop that," he whined, "it feels good."

I giggled and lifted my head, tracing patterns on his back again as he picked up his lacrosse bag.
He straightened his back and turned to face me, and surprisingly engulfed me in his embrace.
I wrapped my arms around his torso and breathed in his scent, I could feel his head resting on top of mine as he sealed the space between us.

"I love you so much." He whispered.