Chapter 27

How did I get here?

The front doorstep of my ex-boyfriend's house.

How on earth did I get here?!

The thoughts rushing through my brain were never ending. I could feel them coursing through my head like the blood in my veins.

You're dating Theo! But you still love Liam! No stay with Theo! You obviously miss Liam!
YOU NEED TO CHOOSE!

The voices screamed against my ear drums, and they began to ring as I grabbed two fistfuls of my hair and brought my head to my knees.
My body rocked back and forth as I fought the urge to scream.

PICK ONE!

I howled. Louder then I've ever howled before.

"Ashley!" Liam took two fast strides from his door way to my place on his front step.
My howl fell to a sob, and the tears ran down my cheeks.

"Ashley, what are you doing here?" One of Liam's hands was on my knee while the other was on my arm.

I lifted my head from my knees, but kept my eyes clamped shut.
I knew they weren't their normal brown.

"Hey," Liam's hand moved from my arm to my cheek, "talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." He said calmly.

I opened my eyes sharply, and could feel the burning yellow glowing bright.
My eyes met his blue ones and I sharply inhaled before sobbing out the words I'd been holding in for days, "I miss you!"
The yellow melted out of my eyes as I cried to the boy with soft brown hair, a crooked toothy smile, strong defined muscles, an adorable little laugh, and the biggest heart.

"Please Liam. I can- I will do better this time!" He continued to stare into my eyes, "Liam you're my anchor."

He was silent. Completely silent.

I sniffed and wiped my eyes, "Liam speak..... please." I moved my eyes away from his as they continued to flicker from brown to yellow.

"Ash-" he began to respond, but his voice cracked and I saw him try to hide a tear.

I put my hands to his cheeks and wiped it away with my thumb, "I thought I loved Theo as more than just my best friend. But I don't. Ever since that day I've never stopped thinking about you-"

"Ash!" He cut me off, taking me by surprise. Then he moved my hands away from his face, and set them on my knees. Standing from his place in front of me he walked back to his door way.

I stood and turned to face him.

"You said you loved me.... and then you just left." He looked down, and then his eyes came back to mine,
"I'm sorry Ashley.... but we're done."

Then he pulled his door shut.
And left me.

~

I walked into the side door of my house, tossing my house key onto the counter. My hair was slung in all different directions, and my eyes were blotchy red and purple.
My eyes still flickered yellow, like a burnt out lightbulb that still tried to shine.

I sniffled and wiped my cheek with the sleeve of my sweatshirt. When I looked up I saw my brother sitting at the table, alert and eyes fixed on me.

"Are you okay?! I heard u howl, and I tried to text you but you didn't answer and I was about to come find you but-"

I cut him off by quickly walking forward and wrapping my arms tightly around his torso. My head barried into his chest and my entire body as close to his as possible.

He was taken back at first, but after he felt my body trembling his arms embraced me tighter than he ever had before.

"I'm so sorry!" I bawled into his t-shirt. "He left, Scott! He's gone!" My words slurred from my crying.
His hand moved to the back of my head while the other rubbed my back.

"It's okay, I'm sorry too." Scott made soothing sounds in my ear while he continued to rub my back. Calming me down.

"Hey," he pulled away from me, our matching eyes meeting, "he's not worth the tears sis. He's not worth your pain." He said sweetly.

I clinged to him again, my arms around his neck this time so that I was closer to his ear.

"I love you." I whispered in his ear as I continued to hug him.

"I love you too."