Chapter 24

I crawled out of bed distinctly early the next morning.
Sleeping last night was next to impossible, after the previous events that occurred yesterday at school.
After I showered, I tied my hair up in a ballerina bun, and for once did a decent makeup job since I finally had the extra time.
When I got dressed I put on a pair of my favorite jeans with the knees ripped out and a high cut white top. Hanging a gold heart necklace around my neck and adding a red, white, and blue flannel.
I went downstairs to find my black heeled boots sat by the door. I slipped them on and threw my backpack over my shoulder.

"You ready to go?" Scott said as he stood from the table and put his back pack on.

I continued past him to the driveway, where Stiles' Jeep had just pulled up.

"Hey little girl!" Stiles said to me as I crawled into the back seat.

"Yeah, little girl needs to start talking." Scott said when he got in the passenger seat.

"Big brother needs to shut his big mouth." I fired back, pulling out my phone.

Scott sighed.
"I'm taking she's not over it yet?" Stiles said to Scott.

"Nope." Scott sat straight in his seat.

"C'mon Ash, he's your brother." Stiles looked back to me.

"Apparently I can't trust my brother." I didn't look up.

Stiles sighed, probably looking for something to say, "well you can trust me so how about we talk later when he's not around. Okay?" He reached back and put his hand on my knee.

I looked up and flashed my eyes from his hand to his eyes, that were looking right into mine.

"Okay." I said quietly.

~

"Why cant you just forget this whole thing with Scott?" Stiles asked me.

"He broke my trust. If I can't trust you, then why even bother with you."

Stiles and I were currently sitting at a table in the library during our free period. It almost felt like he was interrogating me.

"Do you trust me?" Stiles leaned forward.

"Of course. You're like my older brother." I said.

"But Scott is your older brother." Stiles said back.

"Yet I can't trust him." I said sarcastically, a language Stiles and I have mastered.

"He was looking out for Liam, Ashley. Think of it, if Scott hadn't told Liam what he did, than this whole situation would be happening with Liam instead of you."

He made a good point.

I looked down to my hands that were sat on the table, and he reached out and took them in his.

"Scott has a lot of people to worry about right now, and there's a lot of people out there that he feels need to be able to trust him. I can guarantee you, that you're at the top of both of those lists." Stiles looked into my eye,  like Scott would when he lectured me.
He cared.

I could hear the library doors open and close behind me. And Stiles' eyes drifted towards whoever walked in.

"Plus I guess everything worked itself out anyways right?" Stiles said.

I turned to see who'd walked in and I locked eyes with the one I'd said yes to yesterday in the halls...

He walked up to us and put a hand on my shoulder, "hey guys! What're you up to?" We locked fingers.

"Stiles tell Scott to come talk to me after school at our house. I have to go." I smiled to my boyfriend.

"Okay Ash, play safe." Stiles never took his eyes off of him. Like he was suspicious of him.

"Hey," I walked over to Stiles and said in his ear, "thank you for talking to me. You've really helped." I smiled to him and kissed his cheek sweetly.

He smiled cutely, "you're welcome Ash."

I went back to my boyfriend and he put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in protectively.

"What do you wanna do tonight?" He looked down to me. He was very big compared to me, and my head was only up to his muscular shoulder.

"I know a place." I said as we left the library and got into his navy truck.

Who do you think it is?😉🤔