Chapter 26

You're beautiful. Liam's voice said.

"So how did you find this place?" Theo asked me from his spot on a boulder across from me, taking a bite from his sandwhich.

We were currently on a picnic at the Beacon Hills lookout. A lunch date that I'd been taken on three other times... but he didn't need to know that.
Yet this time just didn't feel the same.

I laughed at first, "Scott and Stiles used to chain Liam and I to the trees on full moons."
My smile soon dropped as I stared down at the food in my hands, and suddenly I stopped eating.

I always want to kiss you. Said Liam.

"You okay?" Theo asked me when he quickly noticed my change in emotion.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just funny to think that I only really still trust one person I just mentioned."

You can trust me. I heard him say.

Theo and I became quiet then. Like the kind of quiet that wipes over a dinner table at a Christmas get together with the family that you haven't seen in 6 years.
I've always hated silence.
It made me think too much.

"How long were you guys together?" Theo asked me.

Happy anniversary baby. Liam said.

"Eight months." I said quietly.

"Wow," Theo looked into my eyes, "I've never had something like that."

I looked down to my knees, "neither had I. He was my first."

With those words off my tongue buckets of memories began to flood my brain.
The time Liam carried me to bed after we saved Scott.
The adorable poster and necklace I wore for months.
Our first kiss.
Winter Formal.
And our endless pictures on the school website.

But one memory just wouldn't leave me alone while I sat on a date with another guy.

I love you. I heard Liam's voice say.

"Hey come here." Theo scooted farther to the edge of the boulder, opening his arms for me to come sit with him.

Wanna cuddle? Liam said to me.

I stood and walked to the rock Theo was sat on, climbing up and situating myself on top. He wrapped a long arm around me, and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'll treat you better than he did Ashley. I know I can, and I will. You deserve so much better than that pint sized time bomb." Theo lifted his head and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

I'll never hurt you. Said Liam's voice.

I hadn't been on a date in months. Liam and I have been so caught up in drama, and school, and the supernatural.
I'd forgotten the feeling of a date.
But this wasn't the way it used to feel, because Theo Raeken...

he's not Liam Dunbar.

Stay with me. I heard him say to me.

Should Ashley and Liam get back together?????