Chapter 23

"This was your fault!" I say without looking up from my lap.

"You're the one that ended it!" Liam was sat in front of me.

We were currently in the locker room, each sitting on a bench across from each other.

"You said," it was getting harder and harder to repeat it, and I began to cry, "you said I'm a bitch, and a s-slut." I said quietly.

His breath seemed to catch in his throat, "I," he sniffled, "I didn't mean that." His hand traveled to mine and his fingers gently grazed mine. Almost like he was scared to even touch me.
He should be.

"I was speaking out of anger, and I-I'm just so, so sorry. About everything that happened that night." He said, his voice quivering.

"I..." my voice cracked and I pulled my sleeve over my hand, wiping my swollen cheeks.

"Ashley," he took my hands in his, "can we please try again?"

This was the first time I'd met his eyes since that night, and I just didn't know what to say.

"Liam I-" I took my hands and pulled them across my stomach, away from his, "I don't know."

"Please can you think about it?" He sounded disappointed, but still desperate for my attention.

I nodded my head and he stood to grab his back pack, slinging it over his shoulder.
When he reached his hand out to me, I stood from the bench, and continued past him.

"I feel like you hate me." He said at almost a whisper, but of course; I could hear.

I sighed, "I don't hate you Liam." I turned to meet his gaze, "I just hate that every time I look at you, I can't decide whether I want to kiss you or kick you in the balls!" I pushed my hair behind my head... like an over confident bitch.

His glossy puppy eyes were staring into my chocolate ones, like he was begging for something, "when I see you I always want to kiss you." He said shyly.

"Liam I-" I started, but was cut off by his lips on mine. He was slow and passionate in the kiss, nothing like he'd ever been before... this felt like, real love.
But my lips sat limp, not kissing him back.

He pulled away, "wow," he said disappointedly, "you really don't love me anymore." His eyes flooded with tears that began to spill one by one.
He was walking away.

As the locker room door shut, I slumped on the wall. What am I doing?

Then... I followed my instincts.

I pushed through the door and cat walked quickly to Liam, who only made it about 6 feet away.

"The hell I don't!" I turned his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in close.
Then I kissed him.
His hands went to my hips and pulled my body toward his, sealing any space between us.
I kissed him with more lust and want then I ever had before in our 8 months of romance.
I craved him.
I loved him.
When we finally stopped for air, he smiled from ear to ear. All the happiness he possessed was shown in a bright toothy smile on his cute little face.
I did the same, and laid my head on his muscular shoulder.

He kissed the top of my head, and I picked my head up to face him.
I felt as light as air, like I was going to drift away into the clouds... cloud 9.
We both laughed, our smiles radiating as much happiness as my brothers first love story...

He pulled me in and lightly kissed me again, and when we pulled away I saw a person in the corner of my eye.
I turned to see the one I least expected... Theo.

My best friend stood about 2 yards away from Liam and I, holding a big bunch of pink roses... my favorite.

"Theo?" I said confused, "what are you doing?"

He looked almost disappointed, and my stomach dropped to the floor, I knew exactly what he was doing.

"I came to ask you to be my girlfriend."

Comment who u would choose!😘