Chapter 29

* guys this book is ending at chapter 31, prepare for some long ass entrees, and ALOT of drama *

"You need to tell him." Stiles said after a long moment of silence.

"NO! I can't." I immediately responded.

"Ash you can't just keep something like this from him, I mean I don't like him one bit I think something's up, but still you have to tell him!" He said slightly sarcastically.

"Scott?!" I turned to my brother with hopes that he will give me some sort of meaningful advice that'll make this whole situation much more clear.

But all I got was a sigh and sympathetic glance, "I'm gonna have to agree with Stiles on this one sis, you really should tell him."

I groaned and opened my mouth to fire back but my phone buzzed on the table next to me. I walked over to it and picked it up, reading a message from none other than Theo Raeken.

Hey babe, where were you today? Hope you're okay<3

I looked up to Scott and Stiles who were quietly chatting in the kitchen, then responded to the text: I'm okay, Scott and I just took a day to ourselves. Thanks for checking in babe <3

He responded very fast, which was unusual for him: Glad to hear you're okay! Would you want to meet me at the school around 7 tonight?

I quickly looked up to the guys again, taking a listen to what they were saying;
Scott~ "she can't keep this going or everything is only going to get worse!"
Stiles~ "I know man but we can't just tell Theo for her, she made that very clear.
Scott~ "She doesn't know what's best right now, she nearly killed herself this morning! I'm telling him tonight."
Stiles~ "Scott no, she only just forgave you for telling Liam what you weren't supposed to, don't betray her again!"
Scott~ "I'd rather her hate me again than get hurt in the end. I'm telling him, tonight Stiles, whether you're with me or not."

I stopped listening and a hot feeling of anger filled my veins as I responded: I'll be there.

I looked at the clock on the wall that read 5:45, and then quietly slipped up the staircase, avoiding the guys attention completely. I got to my bedroom and locked the door behind me, quickly stripping my clothes off and changing. I put on a pair of medium skinny jeans and my heeled brown boots. Going over to my closet I pulled out a gray top and  thick maroon scarf. I quickly applied some makeup to my blotchy complexion and pulled my hair from its messy bun, ruffling my slight curls.
I stuffed my phone into my pocket and grabbed a photograph from my vanity, then I went over to my windowsill, pulling the window open and reached one leg outside. I took a last look at my messy bedroom, then slung my head under the wooden frame, and hung by my arms down as low as I could before dropping onto the grass. I landed on my feet, miraculously, and turned around and took off into the trees.

~

Stiles' POV
Scott really doesn't understand her does he, he's her only brother and he doesn't understand her! It's situations like this that make me wish even more that I was part of their family.
As Scott and I continued to banter on about what to do about everything, I turned around to check on Ashley for a quick second and ended up doing a double- take.

"Uh, Scott hold that thought." I cut him off from his sentence, "Where's Ash?"

"She's gone?" He pushed past me into the living room, looking around frantically, "Where the hell did she go?"

"Maybe she's in her room." I suggested when my eyes met the bottom of the staircase.

Scott bolted up the stairs, taking three at a time. I was close on his heels, which didn't end well when we got to her door at the top and we both crashed into it before realizing it was locked. I rolled out from under Scott's body and he picked himself up off the floor, sending his foot crashing down on the knob of the door. It took a kick or two until the wooden frame was bent out of shape and the door fell into the bedroom.

Scott stood in the doorway, scoping out the area before turning to me with a look of terror on his face, "She's gone."

"Scott c'mon she couldn't have just disappeared!" I said, worry filling my voice. I shoved past Scott, who was blocking my view of her room, and checked all the places he couldn't have seen her from. The closet, her bathroom, under the bed, and even behind her desk. She was no where! Then something ruffled my hair, it was cold and sent a chill down my spine. It was a breeze. I turned my body to face her window, which was left wide open, her curtains flowing in the wind.

"She went out the window." I said to Scott, pointing to the open frame. By this point Scott was over at her desk, seeming to admire the drawings and photographs that layered it. He moved over to a frame on her desk, shattered and empty, when he picked it up and turned it in all directions, I began to wonder if he was thinking something.

"Scott, what is it?" I asked.

He turned the frame back over so that the broken glass faced him, "This was the frame that Ashley broke the night her and Liam split, I remember that she broke it but never took the picture out."

"Well what was the picture off?"

"It was-" he stopped completely and his eyes widened from a sudden realization, "Stiles, I know where she is!"

~

Ashley's POV
Once I started to run, I only seemed to go faster. My legs had a mind of their own, and they knew exactly where to go. I hurtled fallen trees, stomped over branches, and flew through the never ending forest, leaves crunching under my feet with every stride I took. My eyes lit up yellow as my supernatural instincts forced their way into my brain, making me animal-like. My speed increased more and more, until I was going so fast that the cold wind made my cheeks numb.

Suddenly a strong and large figure tackled me from the side, sending me falling into the twigs and brown leaves layering the dirt ground. I landed with a thud on top of the figure that tackled me, one hand grasping my stomach and the other slung around my chest, covering my mouth. I attempted a scream, but their hand was too tightly clamped around my lips for the sound to even be audible. Their grip was intense, I could barely move under their strength; it was obviously a guy. It was then I remembered my secret weapon; I opened my fist to reveal a set of sharp claws, with as much force as I could I brought them down on his thigh. A deep groan filled my eardrum and I twisted my finger in his skin until the grip on my body became loose, and I managed to struggle out of his grasp.
I brought myself to my feet and stared down at the figure on the ground, my sharp fangs visible and eyes burning bright yellow. I snarled, seeing him roll on the ground while holding his injured leg, but I couldn't see who it was. Slowly I began to move towards him, his body looking familiar to me, but not yet recognizable. I growled and snarled again, and as the man groaned in pain once more he sneakily slung his feet towards my own, knocking them out from under me and sending my body falling down. My head hit a rock when I landed, and I whimpered slightly at the sudden pain that had blurred my vision. I looked up and saw the figure standing over me dominantly.

"I didn't wanna have to do this this way Ash, but you just make everything so damn complicated." He said through gritted teeth, his voice was deep and scary. It was a voice I knew.

"Th-Theo?" I mumbled while I squinted to try and get a clear view of the man, but something hard hit my temple with more power than I ever felt before... and everything turned to darkness.