Chapter 11

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU!" Scott was on a rampage, "MY OWN BETA, SLEEPING WITH MY LITTLE SISTER! YOU'RE DEAD!" Scott tried to get to Liam as Stiles and Malia held his shoulders.

Liam looked frightened, and as I guided him away from Scott's flailing claws he got a cut on his cheek. From my own brother, and our own alpha. A true alpha.

"Scott stop it!" I growled, my teeth and eyes coming into the picture.
He stopped and stared down on me.

"Nothing happened!" I growled again. "We watched a movie, and fell asleep! So quit acting like a monster!" It was silent around me as I continued to breathe in a deep muffled tone.

"Ash I-" he started in defense, but I cut him off, "I don't want to hear it Scott!" My claws emerged, "You're acting like you never did anything with Allison freshman year! What a great influence you are!"

"Ashley, just calm dow-" "No! You've pissed me off a lot of times Scott but threatening to kill my boyfriend, and your beta, let alone cut him is the last straw!"

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I turned around to see Liam holding his cheek, the cut wasn't deep but it was enough to send a drop of blood running down his cheek. I stabilized, and walked towards my bag.
"I'm not." and with that I grabbed Liam's hand and walked out. 

~

"Has anyone seen Scott!" Stiles ran up to Malia, Liam, Kira, and I at the bleachers. Throwing his bag on the ground and fumbled for his phone.

Everyone shook their head while I kept my arms crossed and looked over at the other team. Brett's stare caught my attention as he winked at me, I rolled my eyes and looked back at Stiles.

"I've texted him at least 17 times and I haven't gotten anything," he threw his phone in his bag and pulled his gloves on. "He's supposed to be here." He looked back at me.

"I haven't seen him since his argument with Ash." Malia mumbled through the yellow highlighter in her mouth.

"So how are these 2 little betas?" Brett waltzed over to us, a smirk plastered on his face. "And the coyote." He grimaced at Malia, she glared at him before returning to her math book.

"We're fine Brett, now scurry along." Stiles didn't look up from his phone.

"Ready to get your ass whooped?" Brett smirked at Liam.

He just rolled his eyes and continued tying his cleats.

"Brett!" The opposing coach yelled, "Get your ass over here!"

"Gotta go, but if you need anything," his hand found my thigh, "just yell."
As he walked off he glared down on Liam, who angrily locked eyes with him. He extended his leg in front of Brett's feet, and he tripped and landed on his smug face.

"Oops." He said sarcastically and grabbed his helmet.

I giggled, "Go kick his ass." I leaned over and kissed his soft lips before coach blew his whistle.
Stiles dropped his phone and soon it was just me and Malia sitting together on the bench.
Just before Liam pulled his helmet on, he looked back at me and touched his cheek where his cut was. And it had healed.

•••

The game continued throughout the night. Monitored close by the bright light of the full moon.

The game was half over, and the score was set at 3-7. We were losing.

The the guys and Kira came running back to he bench for halftime. Breathing heavily and gulping water and Gatorade.

"Man," Kira said in between breathes, "we're getting our asses kicked out there."

Liam sat at my feet, I handed him his Gatorade bottle and he chugged almost half the bottle!

"You okay?" I rubbed his shoulders.

"Well I mean we're losing by 4 points-"

"No," I cut him off, "I mean are you.. Okay."

"Ohh." He held his hand up in front of him and pulled his glove off.
A sharp set of claws were very visible, and I felt him jump back closer to my shins.

"Stiles." I said nervously as Liam seemed to have a break down.

"Yeah." He turns his head towards us, and his expression dropped.

"O-Okay." he stuttered pulling himself over to us.
Liam grunted and lurched forward.
That's when I jumped off the bench and onto my knees in front of him.
Placing a hand on his cheek, I saw his eyes squeezed shut, "Liam open your eyes." I whispered gently, yet commanding.
He peeled his eyelids apart and looking back at me were 2 bright yellow orbs.

"Stiles I have to get him out of here." I said nervously as he grunted again and his fangs returned from hiding.

"Yeah- yeah you do that, and I'll try to explain something to coach."

"Okay." We both ran off in opposite directions, Stiles, Kira and even Malia stumbled towards coach. While I slung Liam's arm over my shoulder. With one hand on his back and the other on his chest, I tried to lead him towards the dark woods.
He fell to his knees and kept his head down.
"Liam! Liam come on we have to get out of here!" I reached for him again, and he snapped his head up, growling at me. This caught me off guard and I fell back onto the grass.

He turned his head back towards the grass and groaned.

"Liam, come on!" I tried to lift him again, throwing his arm over my shoulder and stumbling into the woods ahead of us.
We found ourselves deep into the darkest trees and fallen leaves, the moonlight shining through the dead branches.
We fell again and as we both lie on our knees, I unhooked the triskele necklace from around my neck. Crawling over to Liam and holding his shaking hand, I placed the necklace on his palm and closed his fingers around it.
"You can do this Liam. You can control this." I whispered, holding his hand.
He continued to breath heavy, and grunted a few times until his claws retracted, his fangs disappeared, but his eyes continued to flash from blue to yellow.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms tight around his neck as he leaned against a fallen tree. He hugged me back, still breathing fast on my shoulder.

"See, I told you you could control it."
I interlaced my fingers behind his neck and leaned back. Looking into his crystal blue eyes.
He smiled that beautiful, bright smile i'd fallen for.

"Did the necklace help? You can keep it if you need it."

"No it wasn't the necklace," he looked my directly in the eyes, "it was the feeling of your hands holding mine." I gave him a confused look.

"What do you mea-"
"You're my anchor Ashley." He smiled again.

With that his hand moved to my cheek and pulled me forward, our lips brushed each other when I heard a loud bellow.
A howl. A howl that I could recognize from miles away.
I pulled away from Liam and stood, walking a few feet ahead.

"I think I know where my brother is."