Chapter 46

I Was Here, Beyonce

Quote;

It's okay to not be okay sometimes,
As long as you pick yourself up again.

Chapter 46.

Bouncing my leg up and I down, I say a silent prayer. What if he's in a coma, or the doctor comes back and informs us that he's dead? There are a million things that can go wrong.

I look over in Trevor's direction, a certain calmness seems to radiant from him and I can't help but feel annoyed. How can he not be worried about his friend? Has he been in the hospital with him before? How many times prior to this event, does this happen often? I have several different questions for him, and for Isaac as well.

Eventually a tall man, who I presume is the doctor, appears. "Hello everyone, my name is-"

"Is he okay?" I interject, standing up.

He clears his throat, "Skipping formalities I see, yes, he is perfectly fine. There were drugs in his system, and it appears that due to his poor health his body wasn't capable of handling the toxins."

A frown forms on my face and the doctor gives me a warm smile, "He's recovering from the aftermath and will be able to leave in a few hours. You all can see hi-"

I am out of my seat in no time hurrying to his room. Not bothering to knock I slowly open the door, and there Isaac is, wide awake and staring up at the ceiling. Once closing the door behind me I can feel his eyes on my back, turning to look at him Isaac's, his eyes have a certain softness to them.

I stand there, the both of us staring at one another for what feels like forever. Isaac runs his fingers through his hair, "I'm sorry, about what I said to you-"

Folding my arms across my chest I bit my lip, "Yeah, I'm sure you are."

He sits up in the bed, his eyes still trained closely on mine. "I'm glad you're here."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

All I wanted to do was walk over to the bed and slap him, slap him for worrying me. Slap him for getting high on the day we were supposed to have fun, slap him for what he said to me. But I don't. Now's not the time, I'll hit him later.

"I'll get the others." I murmur, and he shakes his head. "No, I just want you right now."

Not once moving from the door, Isaac starts to pull the covers back and as soon as I realize he is trying to get out of the bed I walk over. "You need to stay in."

Covering Isaac back up, he takes a deep breath. "You know I didn't mean anything I said to you, right?" He takes my hand in his, stroking the back of it with his thumb. Isaac pulls me closer, and I slowly sit down on the edge of the bed.

"I got jealous." Isaac murmurs, "That doesn't justify anything I said to you, I get it. But I'm sorry, okay?

Gently grabbing my chin, a slow smile spreads across his face. "Without us at a cemetery and me denying it later, without you being drunk..." He says trailing off. "Could I kiss you?"

My heart races at the thought of kissing him again, I don't like feeling this way about anyone. Hell, I was terrified when I first recognized my feelings for Sebastian. But with Isaac.. it's a whole different type of terrifying. One that, for whatever reason, I'm willing to jump into. And honestly, I don't think I would change it for the world.

Leaning in to kiss him, my lips press softly against his and I pull away. "Yes." I whisper.

Isaac plants his lips slowly on mine, and I wrap my arms around his neck. Our lips move against one another, a series of emotions coursing through me within that one moment. It's almost overwhelming, but I love every second of it.

"No regrets?" He murmurs, pulling away.

"No regrets." I reply, grinning. "I should get the others before they start getting suspicious." I say with a chuckle.

He smirks, nodding. If someone had told me that when I met Isaac I'd become infatuated with him, I would've told them they were lying. But right now, I don't know what to believe anymore.

 Rubbing his back I glance in Isaac's direction as he holds back tears, Gavin's body is slowly lowered into the ground

 Rubbing his back I glance in Isaac's direction as he holds back tears, Gavin's body is slowly lowered into the ground. Trevor tosses in a few flowers and I grip Isaac's hand, his Adams apple bobbing aggressively as he tremors. This is goodbye.

He squeezes my hand before letting go, dismissing us both with a wave of his hand. Trevor and I hesitate before walking away. Glancing back to see Isaac on his knees in front of the grave, my heart breaks as his sobs ring out.

"You think he'll be okay?"

"He just needs time." Trevor responds, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "He'll be good, as long as he got people supportin' him, he'll make it. He a tough guy, I wouldn't be able to do it."

"I'll do my best to help him."

"I ain't have no doubt, he needs you, more than he's willin' to admit."

I need him too..

____________

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of Gavin finally being
buried?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Four more chapters left!

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all!

( ˘ ³˘)❤