Chapter 74

Aflame - Chapter 74

"How the hell could he lie to me all these years?!"

Harry turns around after stomping off as soon as he saw his Fathers' face.

"Maybe he has a reason for why he did it!"

"EIGHT YEARS!" Harry yells out as he looks down onto me. His eyes filled with fury as his face is red, I could tell that he just couldn't fathom everything that's going on right now. And to be honest, I don't blame him at all. This is really, really big. "He had EIGHT YEARS to come to me and tell me everything! Yet, he didn't!" Harry points out at his Dad who is stood near the doorway, filled with disappointment in himself as he sees the way he had impacted Harry with his presence. "He wanted me to suffer! He wanted me to think that he actually died! He probably faked his own death so that he can live on and have a happy life! Without his children! Without-"

Harry's voice cracks as he continues on and I could tell that he didn't want me or his Dad to see him this upset as he just walks off and I try to run up after him.

"Harry, wait!"

"Leave me alone!"

"No, I'm not leaving you again!"

He opens the car door roughly before getting in and slamming it closed. So hard, it hurt my ears and looks like the door could have fallen off at any given moment.

I get into the passenger seat before he could ride off and end up regretting his decision.

"Paige, I don't want to talk to anybody right now."

His voice low and I could tell he was trying hard to hold back his anger with me.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere!" I let him know as I stay put and then look at him as he gives me this look of annoyance as he just glances over to where his Dad is, but he is not stood there anymore. "I know this is upsetting to you and he had no right to keep this from you for such a long time. I get it, you're absolutely right about that." Harry's foot starts to tap on the floor as he has his hand to his lip and I watch as he bites down onto his jaw. "But ... Don't you think you at least deserve to know why he would do this to you? To Gemma?" I try to get through to him as he almost looks as though he isn't paying me any attention. But I keep on speaking. I let out a sigh as I look down. "I know you're upset, but if you're not going to find out today - when he's actually  here - tomorrow might be too late."

With that, I keep quiet. My voice calm and soft as his eyes are set onto nothing, but I could tell that the wheels in his head were turning as he thought on my words.

He lets out a heavy sigh as he then opens his side of the car door and gets out as I do the same.

Relieved that he is at least going to give it a try.

We walk up to the door one last time as I look to Harry, but he doesn't set his eyes onto me.

"If he says something I don't like, I'm leaving."

Harry's voice deep and the only emotion showing right now is anger as I see how he tries to control it by the fist that he is making with his hand.

The door slides open once more as Harry's Dad's eyes falls onto us, almost fearfully.

"We're ready to talk."

I let out as he swallows before opening the door wide enough for the both of us to walk inside.

The house is dark and dusty, covers all over the couches and some of the other furniture except for the dining table.

I turn around to see Harry making his way through as he hands his Dad a dirty look, filled with suppressed emotions as he makes his way past him and comes to stand next to me.