Chapter 73

Aflame - Chapter 73

"Oh, hey Paige." She's stood between the doorway as her bright blue eyes are looking over at me and then at Becky, before falling onto me once again. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Do you know where Harry is?"

Her brow twitches before narrowing her eyes at both Becky and I.

"Harry? Aren't you supposed to know where your boyfriend goes?" She cocks her head at me, but tries to maintain the 'innocent act'. "Or... Is there something that I'm missing?"

Awkward silence falls onto us as I was about to just spill everything about knowing about her little visit to Harry.

"Let's cut the crap, okay?" Becky beats me to it as she looks up over at Madison as she is now stood between Madison and myself. "You know exactly where Harry is, bitch!" Madison gasps at Becky's words as her bright blue eyes grows wider. "And I swear to God if you don't tell us right this instant-"

"Madison, what's going on?"

That voice.

My heart stops beating for a second when I hear it.

I gulp down as she turns around and it reveals him... Standing there.

Green eyes on me, lips slightly parted with an expression of shock.

Eyes filling up with unshed tears as I stare back at him, trying not to cry

Begging myself not to cry.

"Harry."

Madison says in a 'just been caught' kind of way as she then opens the door wide enough for Harry to come through as well.

"And what are you doing here?"

Becky speaks up as she looks at Harry in a suspicious manner, speaking for the both of us as I wait on his reply. He swallows before looking over at me as I couldn't even look him in the eyes anymore.

"I-"

"I needed some help with my pipes..." Madison cuts him off as she is stood so close to him that their arms are brushing and he doesn't even move away from her. "He was around and offered to help me."

"Oh, your pipes you say?" Becky crosses her arms over her chest this time. "I'm sure Harry's not the first one you asked to 'help with your pipes'. No wonder it's crusty; you keep letting people screw it about-"

"Becky." I stop her as I can tell that she is getting upset, but I couldn't stand around any longer and listen to these lies. To see Harry here, with her... I don't know how to feel any more. He's not mine, and I can't say anything about it, so what am I to do? "'She's not worth it."

I mention in a soft voice as I feel the tears threatening to fall as Becky watches me and she notices the way I am feeling as she backs off.

The feeling of Harry's eyes on me were bothering me all the more. I couldn't stay in the same place as the two of them, but I just needed to get this out of the way.