Chapter 41

"Not only did I love her, but I could tell that the universe loved her, too. More than others. She was different. After all; I would be a fool not to notice the way the sunshine played with her hair."

- Christopher Poindexter

Aflame - Chapter 41

"I didn't expect you to bring me here."

"It's my Uncles' ranch. This is where my family would come to every time we had the chance to." Harry walks with me hand-in-hand as we make our way through the yellow-colored grass beneath our feet. "It's been a while since I've been here, so I thought why not visit it again... Only this time, with you."

I look up at Harry as his gaze is already on me and I couldn't hide the excited and appreciative smile that forms its' way onto my lips.

I can't remember the last time I've ridden a horse, it must have been when I was five-years-old or something, but only, it wasn't a horse.

A pony, to be exact.

So this would be a new experience for me. Hopefully I don't mess it up, but then again, I am Paige "Clumsy" Greyson.

"I'd be lying if I said that I'm not excited."

I smile brightly as we are getting closer and closer towards the ranch in front of us as I can see a couple of the horses standing around and eating on hay.

The breeze that flows by is so refreshing and the weather is just perfect as it isn't too cold or too warm - it's just right.

Why do I sound like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears?

I shake the thought off as Harry starts speaking up again.

"I'd be crushed if you weren't," He speaks up once again as his eyes is on the view in front of us as he takes in a deep breath before leaning down towards me. "Because I want to show you that I'm really good at riding more than just you." I gasp at him and playfully shove him from me as he lets out a little laugh. "I'm only joking," I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips at his words as I shake my head at him. "Or am I?"

"Really, Harry?"

I palm my face at his dirty comment and cheeky little ways as he finds himself quite amusing.

---------------

We finally make our way inside of the barn where I notice a guy sat on a chair, busy cleaning off dirt from a horse shoe. He looks focused as he whistles some tune to himself and is wearing a red flannel top with blue jeans and boots.

As soon as we come closer towards him, his brown eyes lands on both Harry and I in surprise before he puts the horse shoe onto the floor and then wipes the remaining dirt off from his hands.

"Harry, my God, it's been ages, mate."

He smiles at Harry as Harry reciprocates and they give each other those hugs that involves that little slap on the back.

"Liam, it's great to see you again." Harry speaks up as he then lets go of him before placing his hand onto the small of my back. "This is Paige-"

"Is this your girl?" Liam looks down at me as I notice the stubble on his face and his hair is perfectly styled. "She's gorgeous." I smile shyly at him as he reciprocates a smile that reaches his eyes, almost making them appear as their fully closed, but he has a really great smile to be honest. "I'm Liam," He reaches out his hand for me to take as I do so. "A childhood friend of Harry's."