Chapter 46

"We are fragile. Exploding like feathers from pillows of chaos."

- Christopher Poindexter

Aflame - Chapter 46

"I have to go back! You don't understand! I have to find her!"

"Are you planning your own death right now?!"

Zayn screams out at me as I knew that I shouldn't have ran when she told me to go.

But I did, I ran anyway and it lead me to where I am now.

It's a good thing that I had bumped into Becky and Justin when I have.

I probably would have been running straight into danger if I hadn't.

What made this day even more weird was when I saw Harry pulling up in his car in front of us with no other than Zayn in the passenger seat.

How did that even happen?

Well, I asked Zayn about it and he told me how it all came to this.

I was surprised because I thought that Harry hated Zayn, isn't that why he stopped talking to me?

Because I betrayed him when I started working alongside Zayn?

I just don't understand.

"Paige, you have to stay here, Zayn is right." Becky speaks up this time in a softer tone of voice as she places her hand onto my arm and stares me in the eyes. "We'll go instead."

She looks over at Zayn and Justin.

As I look over to the two of them, I felt someone else's eyes on me.

Harry.

I look over at him and he is already staring as he has his arms crossed over his chest and he is leaned up against the wall, far away from us.

I quickly avert my gaze down to the ground as I feel heat forming up in my cheeks.

It's still very awkward between us.

"Did you just look at me?" Justin speaks up at Becky as she nods her head at him. "We can't just walk straight into the trap, what if he takes us too?!" Justin starts to freak out and I knew that I would be a better candidate than him, but I understand where they are coming from when they tell me to stay. "And the worst part of it all is that; we don't even know who 'he' is!"

"We have our suspicions."

Zayn speaks up as he looks over at me and so does everybody else.

"Who?"

"Peter."

"Peter?" Becky furrows her brow at Zayn before setting her gaze onto me this time and her hazel eyes looks for answers. "The guy who asked you on that coffee date, Peter?" I nod my head at her as she watches me in surprise. "I would have never thought that it would be him, he seemed so nice."

"It's called 'putting up an act'," Zayn utters. "I saw him today, standing and talking to your friend, Blake."

I look at Zayn in confusion as I couldn't understand why Blake would be talking to him.

"Blake?"

Justin questions in bafflement before we hear someone walking into the room.

"Did someone call my name or am I just hearing voices?" Blake walks in with a smile on his face before he realizes that everybody is serious in the room. "Uh, did I just walk into a pile of tension in here, or..."