Chapter 14

Aflame - Chapter 14

I didn't have time to ask my Mom about the move because when she came home last night, she was pretty exhausted and I didn't want to nag her with it. So, I decided to talk to her about it this morning before she heads off to work, but unfortunately, she left before I could do so.

Looks like I'm going to have to delay it for another day I guess.

But Gemma had called me and asked if I wanted to hang out with her today and of course I said yes. I haven't seen her in quite some time and it would be great to catch up with each other again.

We have decided to meet up at the local cafe as I waited on her to make her presence known, but it's already ten minutes past the time that she said she'll be here. I'm sure she'll have a valid reason, until then, I've got to sit here awkwardly all by myself.

I then feel a vibration in my bag and I take out my phone, thinking it's from Gemma - and it is - but also, Harry.

[Gemma:

I'm really sorry! I'm running a bit late. I'm stuck in traffic, but I will be there soon, love. Whatever you want is on me! :) ]

I smile at her text.

Well, at least she's letting me know why she's running late.

I then open the text from Harry.

[Harry <3:

Can't stop thinking about you. x ]

I feel how my cheeks heat up and the giddy smile making its' way onto my lips, almost breaking my face in half.

I quickly send him a text in reply.

[Me:

You're so sweet. I can't stop thinking about you either. :*]

Immediately, I get a text back.

[Harry <3:

Well, I can't blame you. I'm pretty unforgettable ;) ]

I roll my eyes at his words, but the smile still remains on my face.

[Me:

You're so charming, Harry. (Note the sarcasm.)]

[Harry<3:

And the compliments keeps on coming. Please, carry on, babe.;) ]

[Me:

Really, Harry? Clearly, I'm the one wearing the pants in this relationship. :P ]

[Harry<3:

Clearly, I'm the one that's going to rip them off of you if you're going to keep on misbehaving like this.]

My face heats up at his words and I bite my lip, trying not to think about what is desperately trying to make it's way into my mind.

"Are you ready to order?"

My heart almost jumps out of my chest at the fright that I get as the waiter is now stood in front of me. My phone almost slips out of my hand and I feel like a naughty student that has just been caught by her teacher or something.

Get yourself together, woman!

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

I look up at the brunette that's stood in front of me with hair hanging off her shoulder in a side braid as she smiles down at me - notebook and pen in hand - ready to write down my order.