Chapter 18

Aflame - Chapter 18

"If that's your final decision then I will let them know."

"Thank you, Professor Christians."

My first class for the semester had begun and I had decided not to go work at Howell's Incorporated even though I was really excited about it. But just thinking about it made me a little scared and I just wasn't ready to take that big leap and miss out on moments I could have enjoyed here at college while I'm still young.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Miss Greyson."

I smile at Professor Christians as he always has this warm smile on his face that reached his dark green eyes even though he was one of the strict teachers around. Whenever he spoke to me, he would always be nice and polite which is rather gratifying, really.

I walk out of the classroom as I make my way through the hallway with my books in hand, because I hate walking around with nothing to hold onto. I don't know why, it just makes me feel a bit more comfortable for some reason.

It actually felt really good to be back at college even though we already have tons of homework to catch up to, but for some reason, I didn't mind.

After all that has been going on, it feels good to keep busy just so that I can get all the unwanted thoughts out of my head.

As I was about to make a turn to the courtyard where I always go when I want some alone time and maybe check on how Harry is doing, I feel how someone pulls onto my sleeve and I am quickly pressed up against a door.

I almost scream when I realize that it's the idiot himself.

"Justin! Bloody hell! What is wrong with you?!"

I couldn't believe that Justin had just done that right now, he almost made me have a heart-attack as I clutch onto my heart, trying to get back my breathing to a normal state.

I look up at him as his eyes were unable to stand still as he looked as though he had tons going on through his head.

"I-I'm sorry about that, but I really need to ask you something."

"If you needed to talk to me so badly, why didn't you just do it like a normal human-being instead of just merely making me think that I was going to be sexually harrassed - or worse!"

I shake my head at him as I look around and realize that we were in the janitors' room. The last time I was in here was definitely not a good experience.

"Did you have your ... 'Cycle' yet?"

I furrow my brow up at Justin in confusion to his words.

"What? My cycle?"

"Yeah, you know," I lift my brow at him, realizing how long his dark hair has now grown as it lies on his forehead. "The menstruation thing," I watch him, completely flabbergasted at the words that are coming out of his mouth right now. "The blood... And then there's those things you stick up inside of you-"

"Oh my gosh, Justin. Just stop!" I couldn't hear anymore. "Why would you want to know something like that? What kind of sick game are you up to this time? You know what? I'm just going to leave-"

"No, wait." He holds onto my arm before I could open the door and I narrow my eyes up at him as he did look like he had something on his mind that was clearly bothering him. "I only asked because I want to know who this belongs to."