Chapter 49

"It's not that I'm scared of the dark, it's that I'm afraid of the absence of light." 

- Chrissie Pinney

Aflame - Chapter 49

Becky's P.O.V.

I don't know what happened, but everything just suddenly went black and all things before us was unseen to the naked eye. 

I couldn't hear anything other than Jack calling out, asking who turned down the lights. 

But after a while later, I heard footsteps; so I'm guessing that he had left. 

I just held Justin's hand in mine as I was caring for him and he held my hand even tighter. 

I don't know what I would have done if I didn't carry his inhaler around with me for just in case. 

He says he doesn't need it, but he obviously does. 

All of a sudden, the lights are on again and I could hear the commotion of chatter a few feet away from us caused by those who doesn't even know that a psychopath is amongst us. 

But when I looked forth, I notice that he is nowhere to be seen, not even Paige is here any longer. 

Could he have sneaked her out?

He couldn't have... Right?

"Where did they go?"

Justin questions as he finally has his breathing back to a normal state again and I look down onto him as we slowly get back up to our feet. 

"That's what I'm trying to figure out."

"You don't think he took her, right?"

"I hope not... But that could be a possibility."

I watch Justin's blue eyes as he looks baffled by it all. Then, the door a few feet away from us is swung open in a wild manner with Harry busting through. 

I didn't even know that he was here.

His frantic eyes lands onto us as he stomps his way up to where we are and I could tell what he was going to ask us next. 

"Where is she? I thought I saw her coming through here?"

He looks around in confusion as he then waits on Justin and I to reply. 

"She was here, but then..."

"Professor Christians came and-"

Before Justin and I could complete our story, knowing how upset it would make Harry, another person enters the hallway. 

Blake. 

Harry then glares over at Blake as he doesn't waste any time making his way up to him and taking him by the hemp of his shirt. 

"Where did you take her?!"

He screams into his face and this whole thing is so confusing; why is Harry screaming at Blake? 

"Harry! What are you doing?!"

I call out to him in confusion to him acting this way towards his best friend. 

... Does Blake have something to do with it?

I thought Paige was that anxious because she knew about Professor Christians and somehow he was keeping her hostage, but could it be...

"What the hell are you talking about-"

"Don't act like you don't know!"

Harry yells out as he punches Blake straight in the face as he lands down onto the ground and I gasp at the sight before noticing the gun that falls down with him.