Chapter 17

THIS PICTURE IS JUST NOT GOOD FOR ME, IT'S LIKE HE'S STARING INTO MY SOUL!!

"She loves me for the way I never leave her and I love her for the thousand secret ways she makes me stay."

- Michael Xavier

Aflame - Chapter 17

I was upset.

No! - completely livid by the fact that Harry would make me feel this way. That he would he even think of saying something like that, knowing good and well that it would hurt me.

Does he not care for how I feel?

And it wasn't a private argument, no, in fact, it was in public where he had humiliated me in front of everyone who walked by.

It was embarrassing and heartbreaking to know that Harry would go through that lengths, and for what?

I finally got home and I couldn't have been more relieved than to know that my Mom wasn't home yet. I don't think I would be able to stand strong in front of her, she knows me too well and would start asking questions that I don't feel like answering right now.

I stomp my way up to my room as I shut the door and try not to cry as anger and upset overtakes me instead.

I throw my bag onto my bed as I plop down onto it as well with my back lied down and my face facing upwards towards the ceiling. I put my hands onto my eyes as I shut them and think on what had happened.

"This was not the way I saw tonight going..."

I let out a sigh as I rest my hands onto my stomach and just lie there staring up at the ceiling, remembering every word.

I then hear how my phone goes off and I know for a fact that it is Harry.

I let it buzz because I wasn't going to pick up, he has tried to get into contact all night already. But I wasn't going to make it that easy for him.

He has upset me and it's not unfair for me to act this way after the horrid things he had said to me.

The phone stops vibrating and I was relieved, but then it started again and I quickly took it out of my bag and saw that it was indeed Harry. I groan at the sight before shutting my phone off so that he can stop calling.

Just as I did this, I heard a noise outside of my balcony that had alarmed me.

Bad thoughts starts to run through my head as I slowly make my way towards the balcony door and slide the curtains open.

I see no one outside, but I still heard the noises and I didn't know who was out there.

Fear overtook me as I start to think that it could possibly be the guy who tried to kidnap me the other day.

What if he came back to finish what he had started?

How did he even find me here?

I then hear a loud noise as I step away from the balcony and my heart beat starts to increase with the thought of someone standing so close to my bedroom whilst I am here all alone.

But I'm not going to be defenseless.

Not this time.

I look around my room for something to use, but I see nothing in sight.

That's when I remember the bat that Alex had left here. Hopefully he didn't take it back home with him.

I quickly go to my closet to make sure that it was there, I push away the shoe box as I notice it lying in the far back of my closet as I get a hold on it.