Chapter 15

"Never confuse a single defeat, with a final defeat."

- F.Scot Fitzgerald

Aflame - Chapter 15

I honestly enjoyed every second spent just talking with Gemma. She's an easy person to get along with and I even found out that we've got some of the same interests; she loves reading and plays as well.

Which definitely is a plus on my list.

"You look like someone who has lots on her mind."

Gemma pushes me out of my thoughts as she gives me a small smile before shoving the last bit of the cupcake into her mouth.

"Uh, yeah. I do, actually."

"Is it about the whole Harry situation? Trust me, I know that it must be so hard and I really admire how well you are taking it."

She speaks up and I furrow my brow at her in confusion to what she had just said.

Harry situation? What Harry situation?

"Taking what?"

Her green eyes then falls onto me as they widen and I narrow mine her way as she gulps down before starting to speak again.

"He didn't tell you?" She looks at me in disbelief as I was even more confused now than ever. "I would have hoped that he'd tell you by now, I told him that he needs to speak to you before..."

"Before what?"

I question her with curiosity and skepticism as I didn't know what she was talking about or what to expect.

"You should probably talk to Harry about this - no, you need to talk to Harry about this." She exaggerates on the word 'need' as she drags it out and I start to become a little worried. "If I were you, I would want to know."

I didn't know how to take this all; what is it that Harry is holding back?

I mean, he did want to tell me something back when we were at the camping trip, but that never happened.

What's he hiding from me?

Just then, my phone goes off and I take it out of my bag to see that it's Becky calling me.

That's strange.

She almost always text me, this should probably be something serious for her to be calling me like this.

"I'm sorry, I need to take this."

I look over at Gemma as I stand up.

"It's cool."

She smiles, but I could still see the worry in her eyes.

I quickly make my way to a secluded area as I answer the phone.

"Becky? What's wrong?"

"Oh, thank God, you picked up."

"Why? What's going on?"

Her voice sounds a bit panicked which made me worried as well as I wait on her to reply.

"Well, I bumped into Harry today..."

She trails off as she exhales and I wait for her to continue on.

"And?"

I encourage as I didn't understand the panic.