Chapter 54

"Can you play me a memory? I'm not really sure how it goes, but it's sad and it's sweet, and I knew it complete."

- Billy Joel

Aflame - Chapter 54

Justin's P.O.V.

The scream distracted him. 

I don't know, but somehow, Zayn came loose from the grip of the ropes around us, and without any hesitation, he threw himself onto Christians.

It all happened so fast, but now we're all standing around and Christians is unconscious and tied up to a tree. 

To be honest, I was skeptical about Zayn, but I gotta give it to him; he really did come through for us this time. 

But then, Becky made it known to us why we got out of that compromising position in the first place - the scream. 

"We need to find out who it belongs to, what if it's Paige?"

"She can't be in trouble, I mean..." I look around at Christians and then at Blake who is stood a good distance from us because he knows what he had done. "They're all here; all the bad guys are here."

"Are they?"

Zayn speaks up, making us all think about who else could be out there - who else could be apart of this sick game of the unconscious monster tied up to a tree before us

We all kept quiet for a while as my eyes lands onto Becky as she hugs herself and I walk over to her, knowing what's running through her head. 

I just wrap my arms around her for comfort and support as she buries her head into my chest and I kiss her forehead, taking in a deep breath before letting it out again. 

I set my gaze onto Blake who has a bloody nose because of Zayn. I guess you could say that he deserves it because he got us into this mess in the first place, even though he says that he had some kind of a "plan" - that he wasn't going to let the psychopath burn us to death, that he was, "supposedly" going to stop him before it could get that far. 

Yeah, right.

Like we are going to believe that after all that he has done. 

Suddenly, my thoughts are shut off due to a noise that comes from behind the tall, dark trees as the body falls down to the ground. Taking us all by surprise as we take a step back.

That's when I, as well as Becky and Zayn realize who it is...

"Holly?" Becky speaks up as she takes a step forward and Holly looks up from the ground as strands of her strawberry blond hairs are covering her face. She looks terrified as I notice that she had been crying, and she's slightly out of breath. "Are you alright?"

Becky runs up to her as she helps her up from the dirty ground and Holly's mouth is slightly open as she looks around at all of us.

"N-no." She shakes her head frantically. "How can I be alright? How can I be fine when I just saw detective Brighton..." Her eyes are everywhere and her voice is shaky, before her gaze lands onto the ground. "How can I be alright when..."