Chapter 96: Moved In

The next couple weeks Reid has been working his tail off to finish the rooms. Now, moving stuff to the new house and also promising to show Jamie. The family of three all piled in the truck on the way to the house.

"Are you boys excited?" Jamie turns looking at the boys. "I wish I could have helped you more with moving."

"You're almost 9 months pregnant. I didn't need your help that bad."

"I know, but I am so excited about being there before Drew comes."

"I told you we would have the house done before she came."

"I know I'm glad we made it," she says squeezing his hand.

They pull into the driveway, a big grin on both Reid and Jamie's faces. Their two story dream home coming into view. The olive siding and dark brown masonry lining the home is something out of a magazine.

"I can't believe this is ours," Jamie smiles.

Getting out and grabbing Grayson and the keys-unlocking the door. The two walk in, an open concept with the living room and the kitchen. Four bedrooms and three bathrooms. They head upstairs, Jamie following Reid holding Landon.

"This is Grayson's room," Reid says opening the door. The family walking into the room, light green and beige lining walls. The crib in one corner of the room along with some shelves for Grayson's toys and clothes. Also in the room, a little desk and a small panel with chalkboard paint.

"Babe this looks so good," Jamie smiles, taking it all in.

"I wanted to do something that we could keep for a while as he gets bigger. So you like it?"

"I love that his crib can switch to a toddlers bed because it will be happening before we know it."

"On to Landon's room," he winks. They walk out and open the door, Landon's room different. The walls are light blue with white paneling. A nautical theme with whale decals on the walls, blankets and bedding with anchors and a whale mobile over the bed.

"It's adorable. I love the little whale on the wall and the anchors," she says walking around.

"Ready to see Drew's?"

Jamie nods. They walk out and head down the hall and into the little girls room. Walking in, Jamie sees the full color, the light turquoise on all the walls. The pure white crib in the corner of the room, chevron gray and white mattress, curtains and the platform on the changing table. There is also a plush rocking chair in the other corner, a chevron blanket over the top along with a small pillow.

"Babe..." she smiles in awe. "It's perfect," softly kissing him on the lips. She sits in the chair. "I can't wait to spend many hours in this chair."

"That chair is comfy as hell. I have already taken many naps in that chair," Reid laughs.

"Don't tempt me," she says leaning her head back. "How about we get take out tonight?"

"Whatever you want I'll order it."

"Don't ask a pregnant woman that, I want everything and anything," she laughs. "Chinese sounds good."

He nods, calling their order in. The doorbell rings 20 minutes later. Walking to the kitchen, Reid gets out the food taking it out of the containers and moving it to plates.

"How much longer do you think we have till she arrives?"

"I don't know, maybe like a couple weeks."

"You think that long?" she asks, taking her plate. "Babe I don't want to bring back bad times but I want to just make sure that you're confident she's yours."

"I'm trying to," he answers.

"It's just been on my mind lately. If you can't tell immediately from her looks I'll get a DNA test."

"No," Reid shakes his head.

Jamie looks on confused. "No? No what?"

"I don't want a DNA test. I don't want to know because I'm not gonna treat her any different."

Jamie tries so hard not to tear up. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," he kisses her softly.

"When's your next game? Home or away?"

"It's home."

"Good," she nods. "I keep having this fear she will come when you're gone."

"Well, don't think like that."