Chapter 23: Getting Acquainted

Flying into Georgia, Jamie is surprised to see Reid sitting on a bench, arm in a sling, the other looking through his phone. Reid clad in sweatpants, tennis shoes, a zip up hoodie and a lighter North Face jacket.

Jamie decides to mess with him. "Oh my god are you Reid Hatfield? Can I get a selfie?"

Smirking, he stands up. "Hmm I don't know it's gonna cost you."

"Oh? You won't take a selfie with your biggest fan?" she smiles.

Reid takes her bag with his good arm and slinging it over his shoulder-leaning down and kissing her. "Baby you can take all the pictures you want," he says as they head out to his truck. "How was your flight?" he asks as they get in, Reid driving home.

"It was good," she smiles taking off her jacket. "It's so much warmer than New York."

"It's still a bit cold. I'm glad you're here."

"I know but it's nicer than winter in New York, plus we have Christmas together."

"I really do appreciate you being here though."

"I'm looking forward to it babe. How was the first couple of days?"

"I dropped a lot of stuff," Reid laughs.

"I'm surprised your mom didn't want to come down. Wait, she probably did and you said no."

"Guilty," Reid smirks. "I can't have her cramping my style when my girlfriend is here, especially when I'm doing bad things to you."

"I hate to tell you but her and I are best friends. What kind of one arm bad things are you going to do to me?"

"I mean you have to help a guy out a little," Reid says pulling into his driveway.

"Remember that time the crazy girl you met in Denver flew here to surprise you?"

"Yeah I don't know what the hell she was thinking," he smirks getting out of the truck as they walk inside. "I'm glad she came though."

"I don't know what she was thinking either but it worked out."

"You can put your stuff in my room if you want," he says, leaning down to kiss him deeply. "Since I'm assuming you'll want to sleep with me."

"Maybe I don't want to sleep with you."

"Mhm sure. You hungry?"

"Starved, are you making something or ordering?"

Reid opens his fridge. "Well I do have the makings for some tacos," he says, pulling stuff out one item at a time.

"Babe do you need help?"

"Nope I got it."

"Babe you're doing really well but please don't over do it. That's why I came here, I mean besides coming here to be with you."

"Fine. I'll do the easy one handed stuff and you do the normal person two handed stuff," Reid laughs, giving in.

"Sounds like a good plan. It's nice to be here with you."

"Yeah me too. So tell me more about you that I don't know."

Jamie thinks, cooking the hamburger. "Hm I'm an only child and I told my parents about you yesterday."

"You did? Did your parents know who I was?" Reid smirks giving her a hard time.

"My dad didn't believe me but yeah dad did."

"So your dad is the smart one?"

"Better watch it while I'm cooking smarty," Jamie glares.

"How do you like being an only child?"

"It's all I know but I loved it. Do you have siblings?"

"I have to," Reid nods. "A younger sister and older brother."

"Is he a football player too?"

"No, he was more into lacrosse and baseball. He didn't really pick up on football like me."

"I know how to play lacrosse. I used to be pretty good and I'm a good football player if I do say so myself."

"Oh really?" Reid smirks.

"I am, no questions asked."

"You're so cute when you're trying to be serious. What else?"

"What else...I wear glasses but keep my contacts in when around you."

"Why? I bet you look sexy as hell in glasses."

"I don't know, I just feel like I look nerdy?"

"And that's a bad thing?"

"Well, I figured I'd tell you because I'd have to break them out when staying here for a bit."

"And I'm looking forward to that."

"What's something about you?"

"Hmm. I'm a pretty good builder. I used to work with my dad all through high school. He's a contractor. Owns his own company."

"I would have guessed that but I think it's pretty sexy that you can do that."

"You see that coffee table over there," Reid nods.

"You made that? It's beautiful."

"Yep..last year when I was home for the offseason."

"So this offseason you'll make me something?"

"Whatever you want."

"This feels so normal to me like it's any other Thursday night."

"I could definitely get used to this."

"Does it feel weird to you?" Jamie asks, draining the hamburger.

"What? This? No not at all," he smiles as his phone dings. "So mom texted me and she wants us to come over for a late lunch, early dinner or whatever."

"She knows I'm in town. I love that you know I love seeing her."

"And I think she's starting to like seeing you. Well ever since you told Valerie off."

"She deserved it, did she ever get back up with you?"

"No, I think you scared her off," Reid laughs.

"Me being scary? No way."

"Well she hasn't contacted me so thank you."

"I just hope you didn't jinx it from bringing her up."