Chapter 3: Alone Together

A couple of hours later, Jamie comes down the stairs in a casual, navy blue dress with long sleeves but hardly any back.

          "Are you only getting dressed up for Reid?"

          "No, I was planning to wear it the whole time," she gives them a look. "Okay, I might have."

          "We're getting you laid tonight," they smirk, getting in the car and heading to the destination. They walk in, seeing both Reid and Jimmie sitting down with their beers.

           "So Coach let you out, huh?" she teases, walking over.

          "Hey," Reid turns, giving her a hug. "Yeah, he let us have a little bit of fun. Can I buy you a drink?"

          "I'd love one," Jamie nods. Reid orders it.

          "You guys want to go sit down?" Reid asks, nodding to the table.

          "Sounds perfect," she agrees as they all make their way to a table, but everyone giving them their space. "So I lied to you earlier. I've seen you play before," she blushes.

          "You have?" Reid asks, his arm moving behind her on the chair.

          "Wade has box seats for the Giants, and we were there for your game a couple of weeks ago," Jamie smiles.

           "She still had no idea who you were," Wade butts in.

          Reid laughs. "I'm still offended you didn't know who I was," he winks, taking a sip of his beer.

          "So you love it when fans run and throw themselves on you?"

          "To an extent, I guess. I also like to pretend I'm a normal person every so often too. That's why I wasn't quick to tell you who I was."

         Jamie nods. "I don't blame you, especially how my friends reacted."

          "It's fine. I'm used to that reaction anywhere I go."

         "I'm sure," she nods.

          A little while later, everyone still sitting around talking, both Jamie and Reid together all night.

         "Do you wanna get out of here?" Reid leans over to Jamie's ear.

           "Yeah I do," she smiles, grabbing her bag.

         "Will you be alright?" Reid asks Jimmie.

         "Go have fun bro," he smiles as both Reid and Jamie head out, their fingers intertwined.

          "Head back to the villa?" Jamie asks.

          "Is that where you want to go?" Reid questions, getting in the rental car.

          "Would you rather your hotel or somewhere else?"

          "Your villa is fine," Reid smiles as he heads in that direction, per Jamie's instructions.

           They pull up about ten minutes later, getting out of the car and walking hand in hand into the house. Jamie immediately shows Reid around.

          "Welcome to our vacation home," she beams, straightening up.

          "This is really nice."

          "We've been renting this place for years, it's almost like home. Do you want a drink?"

          "I would love one," Reid smiles, following her to the kitchen.