Chapter 39: Hello Little One

An hour later Reid walks into her room, slowly opening her eyes. "Hi babe," she says softly.

"Hey," he walks closer and sits down still holding their son. "Someone wants to tell you hi."

Jamie immediately crying. "He's perfect, hi baby," she says, her hand taking his.

"Do you want to hold him later or now?"

She reaches for him as Reid hands him over, helping her since he knows she's still a little weak.

"I'm sorry I put you through everything. Are you okay?"

"It's okay. You had me real worried."

"Got to keep you on your toes," she smiles, looking down at her son as he yawns. "Grayson...what do you think?"

"Grayson Hatfield," he tries out. "I like it."

"Me too," Jamie nods.

"I love you."

"I love you too," she smiles.

"Hey guys..." he grins as his parents walk in.

"Thanks for coming," Jamie smiles.

"Of course honey," his mom smiles kissing her temple. "He's gorgeous."

"I was so worried about him," Jamie says.

"I was more worried about you," Reid looks at her.

"I'm fine babe."

"Yeah you are now but you weren't at first."

"Babe it was nothing. I just lost a little blood."

"Okay," he laughs. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you. Thank you for being there for me," Jamie says kissing his cheek. Her parents walking in.

"Are you okay?" her mom asks her.

"I'm fine, just sore and tired."

"There's tons of cameras outside," her dad informs them.

"What? Who the hell told them I was here?"

"We barely could get past them."

"Shit," Reid sighs.

"Sorry," he laughs then looking at Jamie. "I'm sorry."

"I doubt we will be able to leave here for a few years. We can get security to get them away right?"

"Yeah I'll see what I can do."

"I mean the public will find out soon enough."

"I know but this is an intimate time babe."

"I know but they aren't in here," she says just as a man dressed in scrubs comes in taking out his phone, snapping a few pictures. "Babe!"

"Hey get the hell out of here man. Security!" Reid yells, the security guards cleaning out the paparazzi.

********************

"I can't believe we are parents," he smiles, now holding Grayson and sitting on the bed with Jamie. Their parents leaving about an hour ago.

"Me either..." she smiles. "But we don't have anything for him at the house."

"I know. I'll take mom with me tomorrow and we'll just get the essentials."

"Thank you for being so amazing. I love you."

"I love you too."

Jamie takes a couple photos and sending them to a few close friends. When she gets a text back, it's with a link. Jamie opens it. A TMZ article titled "It happened again! Reid Hatfield's baby isn't his!" a picture of the two mad at the photographer posing as a nurse and a photo of Reid upset in the hall.

"Apparently Grayson isn't yours," Jamie sighs handing him her phone.

"Of course," he smirks looking over the article.

"Reid it's not funny. They have no right to get in our lives."

"I agree, no they don't but this is what they get paid for. You just have to learn to laugh at it like I do."

"It's different though when it's our son. I don't care what they say about us."

"I know," he sighs. "It will all blow over trust me."

"I always trust you."

"Good. Get some rest."