Chapter 47: Nanny Talk

They have a good rest of their trip in California before heading home. It's nice being back, but Reid's back in the gym and working on other things through the day so Reid and Jamie do not see each other much till the afternoon.

"Hi baby," Jamie greets Reid as he walks into the kitchen. "How was the gym?" she asks setting a People magazine down.

"It was good," he says seeing the magazine and picking it up. "What's this?"

"Just saw it while grocery shopping today," Jamie says smiling. A picture of Reid's back, Grayson shielded but Jamie taking off the dress that was over her bikini, "Who's this bikini babe?" the headline reads.

"So I take it it wasn't rude just by how you're acting?" he asks, opening the magazine to the article.

"No it was surprisingly very nice. I was dreading what they would write," Jamie says.

Reid's eyes scan over the article, a few pictures of them on the beach, more close up pictures of Jamie. The article pro-Jamie.

He closes the magazine and tosses it on the counter. "Babe I told you not to even put in any thought what you read on these magazines, especially the negativity."

"But you know its hard to ignore it especially when you can't defend it but I'm happy about this one. How was being at the gym?"

"It was great. Little man behaving?"

"He was very good today. I think he's growing too fast," Jamie smiles. "He's in the living room if you want to see him," she says as he walks out to the living room. Her phone ringing on the counter.

Julia on the other end. "I saw your article in the tabloid! Sexy momma," she giggles. "Where's the sexy daddy?"

"Playing with the adorable son we made."

"So did he pop the question while in California? Do you think he ever is?"

"To be honest I'm not sure, we talk about being married sometimes though."

"I'm sure he will. He's probably just waiting for the perfect time."

"California was a a perfect time, having Grayson was a perfect time. Hell right now is a perfect time," she jokes playfully.

"He probably has the perfect moment in mind Jamie. You just have to be patient."

"I know, hopefully sometime before G is 50 would be nice."

"He will just be patient. Then you can have like 4 more kids."

"We are still in contract negotiations about the number of kids we have. However, the one we have is pretty perfect."

"I'm sure. How many more do you want?"

"I have no idea, maybe 3 or 4 max."

"I'm sure you want to be married though before you have another right?"

"Of course we will be married before we have a second. You know it was my dream to get married before my first."

"Yeah I'm sure you were upset about that. But things happen right?"

"Yep, it worked out just perfectly."

"Well I'll let you get back to your perfect little family."

"I miss you tons and keep me updated on New York life," she smiles hanging up and going out into the living room seeing Grayson standing on Reid's thighs with his help.

"When he starts walking we will be in trouble. Are you going to be around tomorrow?"

"Yeah we will. I have practice early in the morning and then I'll be home."

"I have a check up appointment in the afternoon and I needed you to watch him. Maybe we should look into a nanny once the season starts and I go back to work."

"You want to get a nanny?"

"I don't know, but when I start working again and you are back to practice full time what will we do?"

"I'm sure my mom or something could watch him?"

"Babe are you sure you want to burden your mom like that?" she thinks for a second. "I could leave my job."

"No you don't have to leave your job. You love your job. My moms retired, I'm sure she would love it."

Jamie shakes her head. "I love my family more. I could do consulting or private jobs."

"Babe," Reid grins," you don't have to. I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind every once in a while. I mean if there is anyway you can still work while we go to the games that would be awesome. Cause obviously I want you to go to all my away games along with him."

She pecks his lips. "Babe I know it's part of your contract but you are sure we won't be a distraction?"

"No you won't but I mean I'll understand there are some games you can't come to. I get that."

"In that case I will try to be at every game with our son," she kisses his cheek.