Chapter 27: Where's Kody?

Pulling up to his parents house Christmas Eve they get out and grab the presents, their suitcases in the backseat. They walk in, of course once again greeted, hugged, Reid's mom whisking Jamie away. After finishing dinner the family sits down in the living room. Reid's dad playing Santa, passing out the presents. Kase and Bailey loving the gifts.

"Reid you went a little overboard," Mandy says.

"Nah...nonsense. Uncles can never go overboard."

"Just wait till you have kids and you'll understand," Mandy says shaking her head.

"Mandy you'll be dying to have Aunt duties," Reid winks at his sister.

"Don't worry you won't have to worry about that for a long long while," Jamie teases.

"So Reid says you're an only child?" Mandy asks.

"Yeah, which is why I was really happy to go up and surprise them tonight. I've never had a Christmas without them."

"I can't even imagine not having Reid or Kody."

"Oh hush you hated having older brothers," Reid laughs.

"I really don't mind being an only child but having siblings sounds amazing. Where's Kody at?"

"Who knows," Reid shrugs.

"What does that mean?"

"Kody does his own thing."

"Kody and Reid don't really talk after Reid become a pro football player," his mom says.

"Oh," she turns to Reid, "you never said anything."

"It's no big deal."

"Who wants a refill?" Jamie asks, grabbing the wine bottle.

"Oh I knew I liked you honey," his mom smiles.

**********

"My mom will probably cry seeing us," Jamie smiles looking through a magazine, on a plane to New York.

"They'll be surprised."

"Yeah they will. I think your niece and nephew loved their presents."

"I think they did too. They love you Jamie. They really do."

"I really love being around your family. It feels like there is no awkwardness at all."

"I don't think so. Hopefully I get along with your family."

"I think they are pretty similar to your parents, so I think you will," squeezing his hand. "So are you going to tell me about Kody?"

"Nothing really to tell. He's just an asshole."

"How come I just found out about it?"

"I don't know. I just didn't want to bring it up. Kody hasn't really talked to me since I signed with the Falcons. He says fame got to my head which isn't the case."

"He didn't play football so he couldn't be mad you got signed. He will come around eventually babe but I don't think fame has gotten to your head."