Chapter 32: There's Two

A few days later Reid flies out to New York to surprise Jamie. After landing, he makes his way to her building and then to her office. The girl at the front desk recognizing him right away.

"She's back in her office."

He nods, opening the door and stepping in, sliding his arms around her and pulling her against him. "Hey."

"Hey," she smiles tearing up.

"What's a matter?" noting her crying, wiping her eyes with the corner of his shirt.

"I'm just happy you're here."

"How's my baby?" he asks, sliding his hand on her small bump.

"Really good, it must have known it's daddy was coming. I actually have an appointment this afternoon."

"Well my timing couldn't be anymore perfect."

"I've missed you so much. What made you decide to come up?"

"I've missed you and I wanted to surprise you. I have nothing better to do," he winks.

"This long distance stinks. Let me finish this up and we can go."

"Okay," he nods. "I kinda let it slip and I told Jimmie."

"Really? We haven't even told our parents."

"I'm sorry I was just too excited."

"I know I am too."

**********

After getting to the office they sit and wait to be called back.

"Hey Jamie," a man with a white coat comes out.

Jamie hugs him. "Reid this is Greg," she smiles introducing him. "He and I went to college together."

"Nice to meet you man," he shakes his hand, following him back.

"How are things going?" he asks, Jamie sitting up on the table. "I haven't seen you since we graduated."

"I know it's crazy we haven't seen each other but I hear you're the best of the best in the city," Jamie smiles.

"And you're the lucky one, she left me broken hearted," Greg says to Reid.

"Oh so you two dated?"

"Briefly a while ago. He's exaggerating," Jamie laughs.

"Oh I see," he smiles holding Jamie's hand as Greg begins the ultrasound.

"I don't know how they missed this the first time, Jamie's theres two."

"What?" Jamie looks over. "No that's impossible."

"Two? Twins don't even run in my family."

"They do in mine."

Reid smiles. "Who's twins in your family?"

"My mom and cousins. I just didn't think it would happen the first time."

"This is awesome."

"You're not freaked out?"

"Nope," Reid laughs.

"Have you told everyone yet?"