Chapter 44: Planning The Trip

Once Michelle comes back they leave, Michelle following behind Reid. He takes the opportunity to FaceTime Jamie's dad.

"Hey Jamie, how's that handsome grandson of ours...oh hey Reid...same question," he laughs.

"He's good. Getting big already. He's got a great personality."

"We will have to come down to see him before he gets much bigger."

"Well I just wanted to talk to you about something real quick...Jamie."

"What's wrong with Jamie?"

Reid laughs a little. "No no not like that, nothing is wrong with her I just wanted to know or I guess ask to have your blessing to marry your daughter. I can't ask in person because you're miles away so I figured this was the next best thing."

"I don't know Reid, you up rooted her from her home, work and the life she knew, you had a baby within a year of knowing her," he shakes his head. "But I haven't seen her this happy in her entire life, she loves you a lot. I couldn't say no," he smiles.

"Don't scare me like that sir," Reid laughs.

"I have to make you a bit nervous," her dad winks. "Welcome to the family Reid."

"Thank you."

"Send us pictures."

"WIll do," Reid hangs up, pulling in the driveway, Michelle behind him on the phone. "Hey," he walks in kissing Jamie on the cheek, her holding Grayson.

"Hey," she smiles. "Say hi to daddy."

"Hey there big man," Reid greets his son. "I hope you don't mind, Michelle wanted to come by and see him."

"As long as she doesn't mind that I look like a mess and our house looks like a mess."

"You look fine and we are new parents. She'll understand," as he kisses the top of her head, Michelle walking in.

"Hi Michelle," Jamie smiles. "This is Grayson, your future client," she teases.

"Oh my goodness. He's precious. Reid Hatfield I can't believe you made a cute baby."

"Yeah yeah," he rolls his eyes. "I'm gonna take a shower. Behave Michelle," Reid points to her before disappearing upstairs.

Michelle takes the baby. "And he was two months early?"

"Hard to believe huh? I'm scared to see how big he'd be if he was on time."

"Well you've seen his dad. Reid's not exactly little."

"That's very true," Jamie laughs. "Just gotta feed him and get him nice and strong to follow his dad's footsteps. I wanted to thank you for being so great to us by the way and helping Reid figure out what's best in the contracts."

"Oh you're welcome. That's what I get paid for," Michelle smiles. "I'm actually gonna talk to him about that with you when he comes back down, his new contract."

"I know you do but you go above and beyond. He takes forever in the shower though."

About 20 minutes later Reid comes downstairs. "Nice of you to show up at the meeting," Jamie teases him.

"Meeting huh? Meeting over what?"

Michelle giving Grayson back to Jamie and pulling out the contract. "Your contract. Apparently it's a family meeting."