Chapter 14: Last Night Together

"Reid?" Jamie walks into her apartment a few hours later.

          "Yeah I'm in here," she hears him call out from the kitchen, walking in to find him standing in front of the stove in just some sweatpants.

          "Mm well, I can get used to seeing this," she grins, walking over and running her cold hands up his back. "I'm so, so, sorry."

          "What are you sorry for?"

          "I wanted to have the day with you and work got in the way. What's for dinner?"

          "I'm making some chicken Alfredo with some salad."

          "That sounds delicious. I'm going to change into something comfier since you are."

           "Okay," he smiles as she walks away. A few minutes later she comes back out.

          "So what can I help with?" she asks.

          "Nothing, you can just sit down and look pretty," he winks.

          "So how was your day?" Jamie asks, pouring them both a glass of wine.

           "It was good. I had lunch with my agent and then I came back here. You?"

          "I had to get the final layouts to my boss for next month's magazine and online issues."

          "So Michelle wants to meet you."

           "Me? Why?"

           "Give approval," Reid grins. "She's like a second mom."

          "Should I be nervous?"

          "She is kind of tough. Just be yourself."

           "Of course," Jamie grins, taking a sip.

          "Might want to slow down on the wine a bit gorgeous. You'll be drunk before you even get to eat," he teases.

          "So does your agent have to meet all the girls you date?" she ignores the comment.

           "She only met my ex because of all the public places we went and all that, so officially like wanting to meet one herself like as in her idea, no you're the first."

          Jamie raises an eyebrow. "Is that a good or bad thing? Is it because I'm a commoner?"

           "You're a gorgeous commoner," he winks.

          "Who has her sexy star football player making her a delicious dinner."

          Reid leans over, kissing her deeply.

          "Those pictures were nice today by the way."

          "I was a little surprised you even stood there for him to take them."

          "I wouldn't have done it if it was anyone else, only for Rich."

          "How much of the interview did you hear?"

          "I think a good half of it, you did well."

          "Thanks," he smiles. "Um, where are your plates?"

            Giggling, Jamie stands up and gets in the cabinet by the fridge and retrieving the plates. "What did you think of the interview?"'

           "I thought she played on my personal life a little too much."

          "I agree but you are being so mysterious about this crazy girl you're seeing," she teases.