Chapter 60: Overdue

The next couple months have flown by for both Jamie and Reid. Jamie is past her due date. Since their first born came early, Jamie isn't used to being as big as she is, barely anything fitting. The new NFL season is in full swing, a home game later that evening.

"Babe do you mind if I stay home tonight?"

"No it's okay. Do you need me to call mom and see if she'll stay with you? Just in case?"

"No I'll be fine. I doubt he will come tonight. He's waited long enough he can wait a few hours."

"Jamie..." giving her look. "It would make me feel better if mom was with you."

"Fine," she sighs, "Call your mom."

"Then you and mom can watch the game and yell at me through the TV," he winks.

"Maybe she would rather be at the game. Hopefully he will wait till after the game to come."

"Me too but just in case," he smiles pulling out his phone and calling his mom.

"Hey baby," she answers, "calling me on a game day... is Jamie in labor?"

"No she's not in labor. What are you doing?"

"Cleaning around the house planning on watching your game later with your father."

"Well would you guys wanna come over and watch it here with Jamie? She's not gonna go."

"Of course honey."

"It would make me feel better if she were to go into labor."

"We will be there. We love spending time with her."

"Thank you mom," he hangs up.

"What if he comes while you're at a game or worse an away game?"

"Then I'll hurry my ass up to you."

"I'm just nervous."

"Then maybe if he doesn't come tonight, we think about just getting you induced?"

"We probably should have a while ago. I just wanted him to come on his own."

"My parents are on their way."

"I'm fine. You should get going."

"I can wait till they get here."

"You'll be late."

"Okay. I love you," he kisses her heading out.