Chapter 10: Hint of Jealousy

Jamie can barely focus on her work, but how can she knowing a pro football player is on his way to see her. She's been excited to see him since planning the rendezvous a week ago. She has worked late all week to leave early on the day. Around three she heads home, stopping at the market and getting wine and food for the night. A little after four, she hears a knock on the door, butterflies already erupting in her stomach. She opens the door. Reid in her view.

          "Hi handsome," she smiles, letting him in.

          "Hey," he steps inside and sets his bags down before wrapping his arms around her and lifting her up, kissing her deeply.

          "I'm glad you made it here."

          "I'm glad I'm here too," he smiles, kissing her one more time and setting her back down.

          "Welcome to my apartment," she says, showing him the living room. The window overlooking the river and leading out to a balcony.

          "Very nice," he smiles, walking out to the balcony. This is awesome."

          "I just moved in not too long ago, and I still can't get over the view. I love that it's almost Christmas and all the lights are going up," Jamie says shivering, turning to go inside.

          Reid turns and grabs her hand and pulling Jamie back outside, moving her in front of him and wrapping his arms around her. He feels the warmth immediately, kissing her head a couple of times.

          "So my shoot is at noon tomorrow and the interview afterward. Do you have to work tomorrow?"

          "I do but only for a little bit. I'll probably go with you when you go to the shoot. We are in the same building."

          "Well, good then."

           "So what are some big things you want to see in the city that you've never seen before?" She asks, looking up at him, still in his arms.

          "Oh, I've seen New York. We can do whatever. I just want to hang out with you mostly."

          Jamie laughs. "Yeah you've seen New York but not the chill, local, normal people New York," she teases.

          "Now you think you're funny," Reid says, starting to tickle her.

          "Hey, I'm hilarious. You're just barely getting to know me."

          "Okay now I'm getting cold," Reid grins. The two head inside. "So what are the dinner plans?"

          "I bought stuff to make us dinner unless you want to go out?" Jamie asks, grabbing the bottle of wine and pouring glasses.

          "A home-cooked meal sounds great," he nods, sitting down at the barstool. "What are you making?"

          "I was thinking surf and turf and some potatoes with veggies," Jamie informs, moving the steaks around in the pan. I just realized I have no idea what you like to eat."

          "I'm a guy, so anything. Do you need any help?"

          "You can help cut up the veggies," she instructs, handing him a knife.

          "Oh the paparazzi would have a hay day with this image," he grins.

          "What? Just two people who are doing whatever we are doing, cooking dinner?"

          "They would make up some article about how I can't cook, and I'm trying it out and that I will probably burn it or burn the house down or some stupid shit like that."