Chapter 59: Reunion Time

The next morning, the newly engaged couple make their way to Reid's parents to pick up Grayson. His mom greets them, Jamie picking him up and attacking him with kisses.

"Thank you so much for watching him. I hope he was good," Jamie says.

"Of course he was good. He's a good baby. You two got lucky with him. Let's hope your new baby is just like him."

"Me too," she smiles.

"What....what's that?" her mom points at the ring.

"Oh this?" Jamie grins. "Just something that happened on our night last night."

His mom instantly squeals and grabs her future daughter-in-law's hand. "It's about time Reid!" she laughs. "I'm happy for both of you."

"We were tossing ideas around last night and we were wondering if you would be against a wedding here?" Jamie asks.

"Are you kidding? No honey."

"Mom and dad got married out there."

"You should have told me last night, it just makes me want to get married here more."

"Honey, it will be beautiful," Reid assures her.

"Now we just need Landon to hurry up and get here so we can get married."

Reid looks over at his mom. "We're waiting till Landon gets here so she can drink," he winks.

Jamie gives him a look. "I also want to be pretty in my dress and I want to have a good time without being 8 months pregnant."

"Oh I cannot wait to start wedding planning," his mom smiles.

"Me too," Jamie agrees.

"Thank you again mom for watching him."

"Feel free to let us know if you ever need him to spend the night again," Jamie says. The family of three heading out. "Do you want to stop and grab lunch or do you want to go back home? He seems pretty awake and fed."

"We can go somewhere," he says heading back into downtown. They sit down at a nice little family restaurant, ordering their food and snacking on the appetizer.

"Reid Hatfield?" the pair both hear as a woman walks over.

"Tori?" Reid says, standing up, hugging the woman.

The woman pulls away, "well he's adorable," she nods over towards Grayson. "Hi I'm Tori," she holds out her hand to Jamie.

"Hi I'm Jamie," shaking her hand, "nice to meet you."

"Tori and I went to high school together," Reid informs.

"Oh? So you know all the details on high school Reid?" Jamie teases.

"More than I want to know but yes."

"Oh?" Jamie grins. "So you guys are friends?"

"We actually dated all four years of high school," Reid answers.

"Oh. That's quite a long time."

"Yeah, you're a lucky girl," nodding to the engagement ring on Jamie's finger.

"Thank you. It's recent, but I agree he's an amazing guy. Did you want to join?"

"I guess I can for a few minutes," she sits down. "My husband is parking the car."

"I don't want to hinder you two catching up."

"Who the hell did you marry?" Reid smirks.

"I married Ronnie," she answers.

"No shit? I never thought he'd get married."

"I wouldn't have married him back then. We met up after college and one thing led to another."

"Ah gotcha. How long?"

"Married for 3, together for four and a half. Once I realized you weren't coming back for me," she teases. "So what's your story? How did you guys meet?"

"I was in Denver for a game and me and a buddy went to the slopes and we ran into each other, literally."

"Crazy how small incidents change your lift like that," Tori says. "Reid and I met when he ran me over in the hallway. Looks to me he needs to watch where he's going."

"Don't let her fool you. She wasn't paying attention and she ran into me..."

"That's such a lie Reid and you know it."

"Okay it's both of our faults. I was walking out of history class and BAM..." Reid laughs.

"Then four years pass. They were great years," she smiles at Reid. "So what do you do Jamie?"

"I do interior design. Currently a creative director for a magazine, well before I had this one and after Landon is born."

"Are you from Atlanta or even Georgia?"

"No, New York City."

"Oh wow, long way from home."

"Yeah I moved down here after I found out I was pregnant. I just have Reid and his family here but I'm enjoying it."

"What is this reunion time?" a man walks over, Jamie assuming its Ronnie.

"How the hell have you been man?" Reid asks.

"Good just living the life with my beautiful wife."

"I heard, congratulations. I was a little shocked when she told me."

"I'm shocked she wanted me," Ronnie laughs.

"This is Jamie, my fiancé."

"Nice to meet you and this chunk is Grayson."

"He looks like you Reid."

"Yeah that's what I've heard."

"Well Tor we should probably get going and let them eat. It was nice to see you and meet you," Ronnie says.

"Nice to meet you both," Jamie smiles.

"Sorry about that," Reid apologizes to Jamie as his old high school friends leave.

"No babe it was nice hanging out with your old friends, even if it was your ex," she teases.

"You have to admit though she is nice."

"No I know. I really like her. Why did you two break up?"

"Well we both went to college, my sophomore year I was drafted by the Falcons and she, I don't know, I don't think she could handle the NFL life."

"I didn't know you got drafted sophomore year. I mean it's a different kind of life."

"Yeah they wanted me freshman year but I stayed...for her," he laughs. "But I don't regret anything."

"Did you ever think what if?"

"I mean yeah I did but I have you now."

"It's okay. I'm confident in us," she squeezes his hand.

"Good."