Chapter 73: Final Docs

A few days later, the two are flying home, then driving back to the house-Reid having several messages from Michelle. He gives her a call.

"Reid are you home yet? You have interviews set up for today and you're reporting to New York tomorrow."

"I just got back Jamie and I are on our way to pick up the boys."

"See if your parents can drive her and the boys home, you need to get to the stadium and sign off on final documents for the trade."

"Okay," he sighs hanging up. "I'm gonna see if mom and dad can drive you and the boys home. Michelle needs me at the stadium to sign off on documents."

Jamie immediately gives him a look. "Okay fine."

"I'm sorry," Reid sighs.

"Its what you have to do babe."

"Yeah but now I feel like you're going to be mad."

"I have other reasons to be mad over," she says showing him an article on his phone that he's reporting the next day to New York.

"I didn't know that I was like supposed to be moving tomorrow. I just thought I had to fly there to sign and then I'll be back. You have to believe me on that. My phone blew up with messages just like yours did when he turned them back on."

"I know you didn't reject, but what are you going to do? Leave me here with both boys and for me to pack up our house on my own?"

"I'm gonna tell them the situation when I get there that I need to pack up my house and get my family there before I'm fully committed."

"I hope they let you come back," Jamie says half heartedly.

A few minutes later they pull up to his parents, getting out and heading inside. After thanking his parents they attack the boys with kisses.

"Dada," Grayson coos crawling over to Reid, picking him up.

"I thought we had a deal you were going to work on momma," Jamie teases her mother-in-law.

"I'm sure you're glad to get back home, that trade came as quite a surprise huh?" his mom asks.

"Yeah," Reid nods. "I do have a favor? Is there anyway you can take Jamie and the boys home? I have to go to the stadium and sign some final documents."

"Sure," his mom nods, "the boys seats and everything are already in my car."

"Thank you," Jamie nods.

"Thank you," Reid repeats, kissing his moms cheek. "I'll be back and I love you," he says to Jamie.