Chapter 76: So Close

Around 3:30 in the morning, about 3 and a half hours earlier than expected, Reid getting an earlier flight thanks to Michelle. He walks into the house and makes his way upstairs, opening the door. Jamie's eyes slowly open, pushing away till she realizes its Reid.

"Oh my god," she jumps, "What are you doing home?!"

"I came home early to see my girl, and I guess the kids too," he smiles.

"You scared the crap out of me," she says. "You have my heart rate all up now."

Waking up a few hours later, Jamie sees the spot next to her empty. She sits up and makes her way downstairs. Walking into the kitchen, Grayson in the high chair eating cheerios. Reid holding Landon and cooking breakfast.

"And here I thought you three boys were up to no good," she says kissing Gray's head and walking over to kiss Landon and then Reid. "Morning," she grins.

"We're always up to no good aren't we Gray?" Reid asks.

The little boy just giggles continuing to eat his cheerios.

"Don't bring his angelic ways down with you Reid Hatfield," she says, pouring a glass of orange juice.

"Want to come to momma?" Jamie asks Landon.

Reid hands him over to finish cooking. "I'm sure he'll be the one to say momma first."

"Probably before Grayson says it too," Jamie teases. "Its sad thinking this will be one of the few last breakfasts in this house."

"Yeah but we get to make more memories in a new house."

"I loved the surprise this morning."

"I took a chance on getting punched in the face."

Jamie smirks. "You almost did."

"It was a chance I was willing to take."

"Yeah? Showing up to work the first day with a black eye from your wife?"

Reid just smiles. "I'm meeting with dad today. Are you coming with me or staying home?"

"Do you want me to come? Are you doing house plans?"

"Yeah we're going to discuss it."

"Well I'd kinda like input on it."

"How about after we eat, I'll clean up the mess and you get the boys ready?"

"Sure. Your dad cool with them hanging around?"

"They're his grandkids he'll get over it. Besides you can stick them in the house with mom."

"True," she smiles

"Dada," Grayson says, pointing to Jamie.

"Grayson that's not funny," she looks over at him. "Maybe he doesn't really know what dada means."

Reid walks over. "Who am I?"

"Dada," the little boy giggles.

"And who am I baby?" Jamie asks in her sweetest voice.

"Ma.." he begins, "dada," he finishes, popping another cheerio in his mouth.

"Now he's just messing with you."

"He said ma and I'm taking it...plus it proves he doesn't know what dada means."

"Give up," he winks plating up the breakfast.

"Landon's going to be my main man."