Chapter 22- Betrayed

Start from the beginning

"Her parents and I have agreed to tell her when she turns eighteen, you bastard!" Lucy said and screamed the last word.

I was so confused. My mind was spinning in circles. What? Was I adopted? Was I really Lucy's daughter? Taylor's daughter?

"This woman!" Taylor pointed at Lucy, who's eyes were crying Niagra Falls. "She slept with your father!" He pointed at Brianna then. "And had her!"

I froze. I was confused. Very confused. Lucy had slept with my father? Did my father cheat on my mom? Brianna was my sister?

"No." I whispered.

All eyes were on me, but all I could see were dark spots. My knees gave out and just in time Jessy had caught me and held me in his arms. I was too weak to even move. I couldn't speak. I was frozen and speechless. My happy world had sunken down and I was now diving myself into a dark ocean of lies.

The fact that Lucy was ever in a love relationship with my father made my stomach turn. I would go to her. Ask her for advice. I would treat her like my second mother. She was lying to me, this whole time.

"Wait," I said when I gathered enough strenght to talk. "Isn't Brianna Bradly's twin?"

"Ha!" Taylor laughed. "That was just a lie they had to make up to cover up the kid! Brianna isn't mine. DNA said so!"

My mind flew in circles again. I barely hear Lucy's Im Sorry's. The only thing I could see was Jessy telling me that it was okay, that I was okay. But I wasn't. Not after what I just heard. This stranger had just told me their family's biggest secret.

"Sweetheart, I didn't mean to hurt you!" Lucy cried. Brianna was still in her arms, she knew too. Suddenly I felt betrayed by everyone.

"You knew too didn't you!" I yelled at Bradly's through clenched teeth.

"I wanted to tell you-" He began but I shook my head like crazy.

Tears slipped my eyes and I was hurt by this so-called 'second family'. They had all lied to me. And not just them, so had my parents. I had grown up closer to Bradly, treating him like my brother, when all along Brianna was my half-sister. We shared the same blood, and no one had the heart to tell me. It had to be Taylor.

"How could you?" I said, looking at all of them in the eyes. Especially Lucy. "I guess you should all be actors, because to me, y'all won all of the Oscars."

I wiped away my tears and regained my balance. Jessy was still protectively at my side. I was so glad that I was with him, that he had come with me. I couldn't have faced this alone.

The room was silent, except for Taylor's evil laugh that was echoing around my head like a bullet.

"Let's go." Jessy whispered in my ear and let him take me out of their house that was full of lies, and we barely got to the middle of their lawn when Bradly ran out yelling for me.

"Janelle! It wasn't my mother's fault!" He said behind me.

I turned around sharply on my heels and looked at him with wild eyes. "What, so it's my dad's fault?"

"I think you need to talk to him." Bradly said and I wanted to slap him. How could he talk about my dad like that?

"Bradly, leave Janelle alone." Jessy said and we began to walk.

"No! My mother wants to talk to her." Bradly said.

"I don't think she wants to." Jessy said and he was right. I couldn't talk to Lucy right now.

"Don't speak for-"

"Go away Bradly!" I yelled.

The atmosphere was quiet, and Jessy began to pull me back to his car. I got inside and locked the door. I didn't want Bradly to open the door and pull me out. Jessy got in too, and as quickly as he could, turned on his car and we left the place like lightning.