"Then go," I cried in exasperation. "You'll be fine without me."

"It's not me I'm worried about."

I sighed deeply through my nose. "Look, I'm fine, okay? Go have fun for me. I'd like to just stay at home tonight. Thanks for asking though."

She pulled me into a hug a one arm hug that concluded in my almost being strangled. "Okay. I'll text you. Love ya."

"Love you too."

She grinned before departing to say bye to Luke and Dad. I noticed she spent a little longer in Luke's room. I ignored the fact and played the movie, wrapping the blankets around myself to keep warm.

I was okay.

Yep, definitely okay.

----------------------

Mel's POV:

Luke was so hot. I couldn't help have a quick make-out session with him before leaving. He was just so tempting. I rushed home, and straight up into my room. I threw on a short, thin dress. My make-up and hair was already done. I was expecting to spend the rest of my time doing up Emma, but no, she ditched. Well, I sort of expected her to, really. She just wasn't okay at the moment.

I should have stayed with her, but it was a party. Come on, like I could miss it. I slipped on my heels and checked myself in the mirror.

I looked good.

Really good.

I grabbed my phone and lip gloss, slipping them in my carry bag, which so happened to match my dress perfectly.

"MUUUM," I called out loudly, slowly coming down the stairs. The heels were high you know. Need to be cautious. "Let's go!"

We pulled to a smooth stop, right at the entrance of the party. I could hear the music already. I beamed in approval. Just what I liked.

"I'll text you, either I'll crash at a friends, or I'll ring you. Bye, love ya."

I didn't muck around.

Well, did I ever?

I grabbed a drink and danced around. I was having a really good time, admittedly, Emma and her broodiness slipping from my mind. I threw another drink back, grinding with this hottie from Emma's school.

Yummy.

Not quite Luke though.

He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. "Hey, wanna get a room?"

"With you?" I responded flirtatiously. "Not a chance."

I smiled sweetly before disappearing through the crowd. I spotted him. He wasn't hard to miss. He was one of the hottest guys at this party.

Well, he always was.

He was drunk. I could tell. Jeremy was giving him worried glances as he downed another vodka shot. That slut Britney was all over him like a rash. I wanted to gag. I made an obvious disgusted face in her direction.

"Hey bitch," I snapped at her, when she came my way. "Back off Emma's boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend," she sneered, her annoyingly pretty hair, perfectly straightened. I hated that she was pretty. She had a good body too, unfortunately. She damn knew it as well. Her dress was so tiny, it made mine look like a gown. I narrowed my eyes at her.