Chapter 27- I Don't Understand

I Don't Understand

Kai🌺

I walked over to Kalani and we started dancing together. This had actually been a lot of fun! I was enjoying myself. I did see Alana at one point but she was taking to some guy I had never seen before.

Kalani explained to me that she had made amends with Michael which was great but I still didn't like him very much. Anyone that ever hurt my best friend will always be someone I don't like very much.

"Hey Lani! I'm going to go to the bathroom okay!? Be back in a bit." She nodded her head at me and continued to dance by herself.

I took the short walk to the port-a-potties. I always hated using these one, because they are smelly. And two, someone could easily tip it over while I was using it. I quickly entered, do my business then leave. There was a hand washing station that I stopped at to wash my hands. While I was there Alana joined me.

"So are you enjoying yourself?" She questioned.

"Yeah. I am actually." Why is she being nice to me!? This is scary!

"That's great, see you around!" She waved and left. That was it.

Okay. What is this girl up too?

"Yeah. See ya." I said a little uneasy.

I walked back to the party and sat down at the bar stools to go look for Aaron or Lani. I spotted them both dancing on the dance floor together and it was so cute! I took my phone out and snapped a picture of them having fun together. I walked over and joined them.

"Are you trying to steal him from me?" I asked Lani in a serious tone and point my thumb at Aaron.

"Of course not Kai! He was just keeping me company," she held her hands up in defense. Her face was bright red.

"Chill Lani, I'm just joking! Dance with him all you want. He isn't that good anyways." I shrugged and looked over at Aaron to see if he noticed that I totally just burned him.

"I can too dance, thank you! Just wait till a slow song and you'll see." He raised his eyebrows up and down at me.

I laughed at him and we all continued to dance. Is it a bad thing that I really wanted to slow dance with him to see if he really does have moves? It made me feel all giddy inside to think about dancing with him. What has this boy done to me!? He's turned me into a girly girl!

All of a sudden the song Marry Me by Jason Derulo started playing.

"Kai may I have this dance?" Aaron bowed a little and held his hand out for me to take.

"What about Lani though?" I asked quickly.

"I was going to go get a drink anyways. You two have fun!" She smirked at me and walked away.

I took Aaron's hand. I felt really bad for ditching Lani to dance with Aaron. I couldn't wait until she found someone that would make her happy.

I was only in my short la-la land for a split second before Aaron started dancing with me. Really dancing with me.

"You really can dance!" I said with a surprised expression on my face.

"I told you I can! My grandma made me get lessons when I was in my pre-teens." He cringed lightly.

"Wow! I love your grandma already." I joked with a smile.

"Yeah she is pretty great." He nodded, staring at me.