Chapter 13- The Bet

The Bet

Kai🌺

Kalani and I were doomed. Yep. Doomed. I couldn't say no to Mrs. Anderson so we walked into the house and in the kitchen where she was getting us some of that lemonade. Let me tell you it was delicious!

"So what are you girls up to today?" She took a sip of the yummy lemonade.

"We just went into town for a bit. We rode our bikes there," Kalani actually spoke up.

"That sounds like fun! Maybe I can go with you girls next time if you don't mind."

"Oh of course we wouldn't-"

"Yes they would mind mom. Of course they would," the still shirtless Michael said with Aaron in tow.

"We came in for a break and some lemonade," Aaron smirked at us because of course he was still shirtless too and he thought he was some sexy stuff.

They walked over to where we were sitting and sat down with us.

"Well we better go. Thanks for the lemonade Laura!" I giver her a cheeky smile.

"What, you guys scared of being around us?" Michael said jokingly. Kalani tensed up a little bit.

"Uh. No. We aren't scared of being near you," Kalani said defensively. Okay? I didn't know what was going on with her. She talked with Laura just fine and now she could barely finish a sentence!

"Prove it then. Come help us shovel the rest of the rocks for the landscaping in the back yard. If you stay the whole time then we owe each of you $20," the oh-so smug Aaron said.

"Fine. You have a deal."

I didn't say that! That was also Kalani.

"Can I talk to you alone really quick Lani?" I grabbed her arm and pulled her to their living room.

"What on earth are you doing!" I whisper yelled at her.

"I'm going to get $20," she shrugged her shoulders at me.

"What is really going on Kalani? What did Michael tell you last night?"

"It's nothing so don't worry about it. Now let's go win $20."

I followed after her and we walked past the boys to the rock pile. Kalani- out of no where- pulled her top off, revealing her black bikini.

"Now what are you doing?" I started to worry about her.

"Taking my shirt off so it doesn't get all sweaty and ruined. It's really hot out today."

For whatever reason I followed in her footsteps taking my shirt off too, to reveal the white bikini I had on.

"Woah! If I knew I was going to get a strip show I would have asked you guys to help a long time ago!" Aaron said with a whistle.

Kalani and I ignored them and both got to work and the boys came up and joined us.

"So Kai I have a question!" Michael said.

"Shoot."

"What's my name in Hawaiian?"

"Why do you care?"

"I'm just curious," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Uh it's something like Mikala I think. And before you ask Aaron- yours is Aalona. I think. Don't quote me on that though," I chuckled.

"That's cool," Michael smiled a little.

"I already knew mine, thank you very much," Aaron huffed.

I just rolled my eyes.

We all kept quiet for quite awhile until Aaron decided to open his big mouth, yet again.

"So where are you guys going to college?"

I answered first, "I want to go to a local college around here. You?" I didn't really care.

"Same," he smiled.

"Michael?" I asked.

"Same!" He chuckled. "Kalani? What about you?" Michael asked suddenly.

"Oh this is great!" I started up. "Kalani here has other plans though... something like going to California," I said in a bit of a pissed off tone.

"What? Why California?" Michael seemed a little too shocked.

"I don't know, I just wanted to go away so I could get away from all this," she gestured to everything around her. "I might not now that things have changed a little with my family. Its...complicated."

"Sounds like it," Aaron commented.

Michael kept trying to converse with Kalani but she was no where near having it. He asked if she had any pets, any siblings, and what her favorite subject in elementary school was.

At one point she actually said to him, "I'm trying to work- and a little out of breath. Can't- really- talk."

About an hour all together, all the rocks were put into their landscaping beds.

I was a sweaty mess.

"Well I think you owe us each $20!" I had the biggest smirk on my face.

"How about instead of giving you both $20... you come out and hang with us. We can spend the $20 that way," Michael suggested that stupid plan.

"I would rather have the $20," Kalani stated, with a blank expression. I had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from chuckling.

"Take what he's offering or leave it," Aaron said matching the same smirk of Michael's.

I looked to Kalani. We shared the same feeling.

"Fine," I shrugged at them and grabbed my and Kalani's shirts.

We left them. I pulled Kalani along back to our bikes. When we hopped on, the boys yelled at us, "pleasure doing business with you girls!"

"They are jackasses I tell you. Jack-asses!"

"Wow. Someone has a temper today," I raised my eyebrows at Lani.

"Okay maybe I do a little. They both just aggravate me so much!"

"I understand."

Kalani was off her rocker and I didn't know why. She had gone nuts. What is wrong with her? I wondered.

"Will you help me and my mom? She is 'spring cleaning' and has thrown all my dad's stuff out onto the front lawn."

I laughed at her. "Sure I can help- just let me get changed and I will meet you there."

I walked into my house while Kalani went to hers. I see my mom in the kitchen like always.

"Hey mom. Lilia has gone crazy- throwing out Kalani's dad's stuff onto their front yard. You might want to come help me!"

"Of course I will come help dear." My mom says with concern in her voice.

"Okay let me go get changed then we can go."