Chapter 9- The Flies

The Flies

Kai🌺

So the boys have not gone away... no matter what I did or what Kalani did they wouldn't leave us alone. They liked to annoy us too much. After the stunt Aaron pulled at the beach, I thought about my revenge and I had a good plan.

"Hey Kalani I'm going to go for a swim, my back is starting hurt from my little sunburn," I announced, knowing she wouldn't care much.

I was right. She mumbled a quick "okay," to me, as she was half asleep.

I walked out to the ocean and get in so the water is up to my knees, then I heard someone splashing through the water trying to following me.

"Aaron go away! Leave me alone!" I yelled angrily at him.

"No can do princess. I just like teasing you a little too much," he said with a chuckle.

I walked out farther into the ocean and the water cascaded over my shoulders. Of course Aaron followed me. When he stoped he was standing a good foot away from me.

"What? Are you scared of me?" I started slowly walking towards him. I could tell he was starting to get a little anxious.

"Nope, not scared of you at all," he popped the P.

"Sure you aren't," I was within an arms reach of him and he was looking right into my eyes just the way I wanted him to. Then with a quick swift move I put my hand on top of his head and dunked him. I held him under water for just a little bit; before he surfaced I began to run because I knew he wouldn't be happy about what I just did.

"I'm going to kill you, Kai!"

He wishes he could kill me.

I reached the shore and ran back to Michael and Kalani. "Save me Michael, your cousin is going to kill me!" I shouted at him and hid right behind where he his kneeling next to Lani.

Aaron came up to where I was hiding, and gave me a very angry look. He looked at me for a few more seconds and surprisingly enough, he walked away.

"What was that about? Somebody get their panties in a twist?" I smirked.

"Oh dear what have you done Kai? You just started a war with my cousin," Michael said with a tsk. "I should probably go after him. See you guys later."

Kalani just smiled and I waved at him.

"So what did you guys talk about while I was harvesting my evil plan?" I laid back down on my towel with my front half of my body facing the sun.

"Nothing really, just some small talk."

"Whatever you say Lani," I didn't believe her for a second. I could tell that she had a small crush on Michael. She was a very confused girl when it came to her admitting her feelings for someone. It probably had to do with her dad mostly. That's also why she was so shy sometimes, but that's why I'm here for her. To bring her out of that shell of hers.

I took another small nap while I was laying in the same position as earlier. I woke up to Kalani poking me again.

"What Lani?" I said a little annoyed.

"The boys are back. They are about 5 feet from us. Let's go to the little concession stand by the bathrooms and get some ice cream or something."

"That's not a bad idea. The ice cream I mean."

We informed Kalani's mom where we were going and walked to the concessions. We ordered our ice creams and waited a bit to receive it. I turned around, ready to walk back to our spot when I saw Michael waving me over toward him. I held up my finger to signal, "just one second."

"Lani can you take my ice cream back to our spot? I need to go to the bathroom real quick."

"Fine just don't take too long, okay?"

I walked into the girls bathroom just to sneak straight back out and head over to where Michael was sitting at a picnic table.

"What's up?" I asked him. I was really unsure as to why he called me over.

"I just wanted to ask even though it's probably none of my business... but why it Kalani so conservative about herself? I was asking her simple questions about her life and she never really gave me an answer."

"You're right. It's really none of your business. All I can say is that it has to do with her family. She will have to tell you the rest," I smiled a little at him and walked away.

I returned back to Kalani and started eating my ice cream. I noticed that Aaron was no longer in sight. I assumed they had left, because I couldn't see Michael anymore either.

"Kai look at that person surfing! They are really tearing it up out there!" She nudged me and I looked in the direction she was pointing.

Sure enough there was a really good surfer "tearing it up" as she said. I was pretty sure it was a guy. It was a little to muscular to be a girl- and shirtless. I've never met any female who surfs without a top. The surfing was great as it was around 5 o'clock. Almost time for the sun to get ready to set. We both watched the guy for long while until he came back in onto the shore. I caught a quick glimpse of his face and realized that it was no ordinary guy and that it was Aaron.

"Lani that's Aaron," I said in a surprised voice.

"That can't be him," she chuckled.

"Oh no. That's Aaron alright I know that arrogant jerk anywhere!"

"Wow. He is really good," she dropped her mouth open a little bit.

"Whatever. We should probably get your mom and head home I'm getting hungry."

"Yeah. I'm tired! Let's go."

We packed our things up and headed over to her mom. We told her we were ready to leave and she agreed that it was a good idea. We packed the car back up and began the drive home.

"I'm glad I got to come with you girls today, I had fun," Kalani's mom said with a big smile on her face. "Those boys that kept hanging around you were pretty cute too."

"Mom!" Lani yelled, covering her face in her hands.

"Well they were." She said again, smiling at us.

The rest of the car ride was quite except for the low music of my car radio. I dropped Kalani and her mom off at home and lead my car into the garage. My parents weren't home so I assumed they went out to dinner, so I got in the shower and washed all the sand out of my hair. I put my pjs on and went to find some leftovers out of the fridge to eat. Today had been a very eventful day and I couldn't help but smile a little.